News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quite the choke job by the Canucks to be sure.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on May 05, 2013, 11:29:36 PM

At least they can make the playoffs before choking...
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Might be no Canadian teams past round one. :ph34r:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on May 05, 2013, 11:29:36 PM
Is it really a choke job?  They're getting beat, but by a team that everybody expected them to lose to.  I suppose the extent to which they are losing is a bit of a surprise, but that's hockey.  When you have the Sedins on your team, you better be ready for them to disappear come playoff time.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on May 06, 2013, 07:26:40 AM

Now I understand Ottawa is disliked by people for its oppressive centralizing ways but surely it is considered part of Canada.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2013, 07:44:54 AM
Now I understand Ottawa is disliked by people for its oppressive centralizing ways but surely it is considered part of Canada.
Indeed.  Ottawa or Montreal, there will be one Canadian team in round 2.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2013, 07:51:02 AM
Indeed.  Ottawa or Montreal, there will be one Canadian team in round 2.
montreal? Ahh, you're as delusion as even the worst maple leafs fan :console:  keep the hope alive buddy :hug:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

I hate the Leafs. I think the Leafs will be in round 2.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2013, 08:21:32 AM
I hate the Leafs. I think the Leafs will be in round 2.
why the hate? :( I actually like Montreal (when they're not playing Toronto :D ) I just want them to do badly to cause Neil pain.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Because it's the Leafs. I can't help it, it's in my blood. Plus they have the Traitor(used too atleast) & Graboswhine.

katmai

Gomez will see the 2nd rd, and Habs won't :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Now, that's bad Karma.

Josephus

Oh right........LOL. Forgot about them.  :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: HVC on May 06, 2013, 08:04:42 AM
montreal? Ahh, you're as delusion as even the worst maple leafs fan :console:  keep the hope alive buddy :hug:
It's only a 2-1 lead for Ottawa.  Montreal isn't bad, just inconsistent.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on May 06, 2013, 08:37:20 AM
Gomez will see the 2nd rd, and Habs won't :)
Maybe, maybe not.  Still, Gomez has the advantage of being able to ride to the playoffs on a team where nothing is asked of him.  When it's time for him to perform, he falls to pieces.  He's the Jim Sorgi of hockey.