News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Or a Canadians fan in Alberta.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

From the new reports I hear the the NHL continues its fine reportation as a bloodsport not fit for a wider audience.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 03, 2013, 02:54:33 PM
From the new reports I hear the the NHL continues its fine reportation as a bloodsport not fit for a wider audience.

What I find annoying was that the CBC for a split second showed Eller lying facedown in a rapidly spreading pool of his own blood, then quickly turned the camera away.  This was the right thing to do.

But newspapers everywhere are using that show of Eller in the blood pool in their coverage.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

But doesn't it already enjoy the widest audience out of any sport in Canada?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on May 03, 2013, 03:33:48 PM
But doesn't it already enjoy the widest audience out of any sport in Canada?

Now that is saying something even if true. :lol:

Barrister

Gryba gets two games.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Montreal played much better tonight, but they were lucky to get that gift of a first goal. Could have ended much differently.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Played better, but still pretty up and down.  Anderson made some pretty impressive saves to keep the game in reach.

Jaron

Sharks UNSTOPPABLE!

Well...almost stoppable. Thank goodness for last minute goals. ;)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

I think it is now obvious who the Team of Destiny(tm) is this year:

It is inconceivable that the Caps would ever blow a 2-0 series lead.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Toronto Stanley Cup parade plans back on. :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on May 05, 2013, 05:12:22 PM
Toronto Stanley Cup parade plans back on. :)
:yeah:

Missed the game though :(

Also, what happened in the montreal game. First time I've seen five separate fights going on at the same time in a long time.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Grey Fox

Creation of a rivalry. It's a good thing, the Boston one was getting boring.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 05, 2013, 09:16:43 PM
Creation of a rivalry. It's a good thing, the Boston one was getting boring.
it was a fun game until the habs got blown away (and once the refs cooled down). Suban is a whiney bitch though.

Jaron

Canucks don't stand a chance!
Winner of THE grumbler point.