News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Yo Ed, your Blue Jackets can't make the playoffs now, but what a turn around season for them.  Boborovsky should win the Vezina and he should be in the discussion for the Hart.

Grey Fox

So it's either Toronto or Ottawa.

Rangers vs Capitals, great this again.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Quote from: HVC on April 28, 2013, 08:53:30 PM
Fuck.
Yeah.  I mean, it wasn't that big a deal.  Montreal pecker-slapped your boys last night, but Ottawa did Montreal a favour and allowed them to win the division.  And now, their reward is getting beaten by Les Glorieux.

And it sucks to be Leafs after that.  The Leafs can out-physical Montreal, and that makes up for their lower level of skill.  That would have been an interesting series.  But Boston won't be intimidated by the Leafs even a little bit, and has some skill to boot.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Interesting news.

Reports of a new owner for the Coyotes.  Deal is close to be closed.  The team would stay in place and turn a profit in the first few years.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/30/report-group-close-to-buying-coyotes

Strange.  I have a feeling of déjà vu here.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 30, 2013, 03:53:48 PM
Interesting news.

Reports of a new owner for the Coyotes.  Deal is close to be closed.  The team would stay in place and turn a profit in the first few years.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/30/report-group-close-to-buying-coyotes

Strange.  I have a feeling of déjà vu here.

Anthony LeBlanc, one of the two named, is just a recycled former suitor from Ice Edge Holdings.

Gosbee is new, but little is known about him.  He's from Alberta for what it's worth.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

My guess is, the NHL is discussing with Péladeau right now, "soft talks".  And he doesn't want to pay the full price the NHL is asking, so they're trying to up the ante on this.

There's been tons of rumours about a mysterious group of interested buyers to keep the Coyotes in Glendale.
All of them required to city to basically cover their operating losses.
Jamison came along and offered to buy the team with less public financing, then it fell appart because he had no money.

Lo&behold, a new group of investors led by Hullsizer is prepared to buy the team, with no public financing... But the city never hears anything.  Then another group of former buyers now want the team, but they haven't dealth with the city either...

I smell bullshit on this one.  There's no one willing to operate the Coyotes in Arizona without public financing, even with the new NHL revenue sharing scheme.

The only threat to Quebec city, imho, is Seattle.  Bettman would much prefer send a team there than to Quebec city, only problem is, they don't really want hockey there.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

Seattle business group is smarting after yesterday's NBA news.
Not sure where the whole NHL to Seattle falls now.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

Radios are going crazy.  Just like last year. :)

HVC

LA ties it with 31 seconds to go. That's a kick to the teeth.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Neil

I just realized that TSN is carrying the Canucks playoff series.  I wonder if that means that nobody in Vancouver can watch it, since I'm assured by cc that being on cable makes sports unwatchable?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

I was watching Golden State vs Denver last nite, on cable. I was wondering what would CC think of that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on April 30, 2013, 08:13:11 PM
Seattle business group is smarting after yesterday's NBA news.
Not sure where the whole NHL to Seattle falls now.

Nowhere.  The whole "NHL to Seattle" move was predicated on the NBA team.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Neil

The Maple Laffs sure lived up to their name.