News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

It's weird that the Jets don't get any coverage on TSN in Canada.  Instead of BB's game with important playoff implications, we get to watch Boston play the Flyers in a pointless game.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: Neil on April 23, 2013, 06:59:05 PM
It's weird that the Jets don't get any coverage on TSN in Canada.  Instead of BB's game with important playoff implications, we get to watch Boston play the Flyers in a pointless game.
that pointless game could keep Montreal on 4th place and lead to their glorious elimination by the Laughs... Er, leafs. 
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Quote from: HVC on April 23, 2013, 07:01:33 PM
that pointless game could keep Montreal on 4th place and lead to their glorious elimination by the Laughs... Er, leafs.
Montreal is locked into either fourth or fifth place, since they won't win another game for the rest of the regular season.  But the Leafs won't be able to eliminate anyone.  Goon-style hockey doesn't win playoff series.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: Neil on April 23, 2013, 07:07:17 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 23, 2013, 07:01:33 PM
Montreal is locked into either fourth or fifth place, since they won't win another game for the rest of the regular season.  But the Leafs won't be able to eliminate anyone.  Goon-style hockey doesn't win playoff series.
they're what, 3-1 against Montreal this season?

But the last game is key. Whoever wins that carries the momentum.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

katmai

Same game we are getting here in States.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: katmai on April 23, 2013, 07:12:41 PM
Same game we are getting here in States.
Yeah, but that's to be expected.  Hockey coverage in the US runs on big-name teams, regardless of how competitive they are.  Boston and Philly are both big names.  In Canada, Canadian content is more important, except for the Leafs who are universally hated due to shitiness.

Barrister

I'm going to have a heart attack.

Currently 3-2 Caps.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

4-2 against languishes most hated hockey team. 

Grey Fox

TSN is lazy on any nites that isn't a Wednesday.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: HVC on April 23, 2013, 07:45:33 PM
The Leafs aren't playing tonight...

HVC

Quote from: Neil on April 23, 2013, 07:53:07 PM
i said languish, not canada :P

Jacob

I'm surprised there's a team, let alone a Canadian team, that Neil holds in lower regard than the Canucks  :huh:

Neil

Quote from: HVC on April 23, 2013, 08:04:34 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 23, 2013, 07:53:07 PM
i said languish, not canada :P
People still hate the Leafs more than the Jets.  Just because people like player-hating Beeb about his sports team, his pants and his choice in personal computers doesn't mean that they can overlook the evil heart of the Leafs.

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on April 23, 2013, 08:08:28 PM
I'm surprised there's a team, let alone a Canadian team, that Neil holds in lowr regard than the Canucks  :huh:
Think of the Canucks as being Cassius to the Leafs Judas in the NHL Inferno.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son