News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Barrister

Barrister

fhdz

I love my Blackhawks. That is all.
and the horse you rode in on

Barrister

Quote from: fahdiz on March 16, 2013, 07:51:31 PM

So why the Hawks F? :)

I just want to know since I'm collecting targets for taunting next year when the Jets demolish Division B... :shifty:

Barrister

fhdz

Quote from: Barrister on March 16, 2013, 07:54:29 PM

I was born in Illinois. I've been a lifetime Hawks fan. And Cubs (unfortunately). And Bears (sometimes unfortunately, sometimes not). And Bulls, although living in Portland has made me more of a Blazers fan than a Bulls fan.

Barrister

Quote from: fahdiz on March 16, 2013, 07:56:48 PM

I was born in Illinois. I've been a lifetime Hawks fan. And Cubs (unfortunately). And Bears (sometimes unfortunately, sometimes not). And Bulls, although living in Portland has made me more of a Blazers fan than a Bulls fan.

Birth is a perfectly legitimate reason for sports fandom. :)

fhdz

Quote from: Barrister on March 16, 2013, 07:58:15 PM

I'll accept a) birth, b) current city of residence, c) favorite place you ever lived. I'll even accept d) favorite player is X, favorite team is the one he plays for at the moment - although that's not a reason I've ever used, I understand it.

As a last resort, I'll also take e) I fell in love with X team as a child for some reason even though I didn't live anywhere near them and I've been a fan since I was a little kid. But that's really reaching, and for special circumstances only.

Barrister

Quote from: fahdiz on March 16, 2013, 08:05:11 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 16, 2013, 07:58:15 PM

I'll accept a) birth, b) current city of residence, c) favorite place you ever lived. I'll even accept d) favorite player is X, favorite team is the one he plays for at the moment - although that's not a reason I've ever used, I understand it.

As a last resort, I'll also take e) I fell in love with X team as a child for some reason even though I didn't live anywhere near them and I've been a fan since I was a little kid. But that's really reaching, and for special circumstances only.

What about 'through out my child hood I wore a sports team hat that had my name on it, and oh by the way they won a championship when I was 10, and so even though I've never been to that city it's on my bucket list to see a game there...'

Barrister

It never ceases to amaze me (in a good way) that CBC does an online broadcast of HNIC in Punjabi.  :cool:

fhdz

Quote from: Barrister on March 16, 2013, 08:12:34 PM
What about 'through out my child hood I wore a sports team hat that had my name on it, and oh by the way they won a championship when I was 10, and so even though I've never been to that city it's on my bucket list to see a game there...'

I'm pretty sure that falls under e) and sounds acceptable to me.

HVC

Well nice come back just the same.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Now those are awesome uniforms. Way to go Vancouver.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.