News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: C.C.R. on March 04, 2013, 08:57:50 AM
I grow weary of Hawks afternoon games always being on the weekends I work, and Wifey sucks at texting me updates...

:thumbsdown:
Hell of a finish on that one, too.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Well this is just great.  Not only are the Jets sucking and losing 4-1 to the lowly Panthers, but my TSN-Jets stream goes down, forcing me to watch the Panthers stream instead. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

It's just putting you out of your misery. ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

I'm liking that Hansen has been scoring a few goals recently. I'm considering getting a jersey just to support one of the few Danes in the NHL.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

So any of our T.O posters watch tonights Jets-Leafs game? :punk:

Neil

Too busy watching the Penguins save the day against the evil Bruins, allowing Les Glorieux to maintain their lead in the division.  Then I watched the Oilers beat the piss out of Colorado.  Normally I prefer to mock the Oilers, but I have to admit that they played well, albeit against an anaemic Colorado team.  Still, they have a homestand  against some good teams, so that should restore balance to the universe.

HVC

Saw it, unfortunately. Synopsis: jets played better. Questionable refereeing. Toronto won the fights.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on March 13, 2013, 08:04:36 AM
Saw it, unfortunately. Synopsis: jets played better. Questionable refereeing. Toronto won the fights.

Questionable reffing? :rolleyes:

Did you miss the fact that the refs gave the Leafs a nearly 2 minute 5 on 3?  It's not the refs fault you couldn't capitalize.

Winning the fights - I'll give you the fact that Phaneuf probably won the fight against Ladd (battle of the Captains - you don't see that too often).  However the fact that Phaneuf got an extra 2 minutes for roughing, which the Jets capitalized on in the powerplay, means that I'll happily lose that fight every single time.

And any game in Winnipeg where the Jets are winning is a treat to watch.  The fans were really in it.  I loved the "Lets Go Blue Jays" chants the most (cheerfully stolen from the ACC actually). :lol:

Grey Fox

All reffing in the NHL is questionable in every game at every minute of play.

Did HVC mean fights fights or hockey fights?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Anyways the stage is set for a rematch in Toronto between the Jets and Leafs.   :menace:  Let's see if the ACC fans can match the energy of the MTS Centre. :lol:

Of course the only time the Jets get a Saturday, prime-time HNIC game it is because they are in Toronto. :rolleyes:

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on March 13, 2013, 09:56:25 AM
Anyways the stage is set for a rematch in Toronto between the Jets and Leafs.   :menace:  Let's see if the ACC fans can match the energy of the MTS Centre. :lol:

Of course the only time the Jets get a Saturday, prime-time HNIC game it is because they are in Toronto. :rolleyes:
Do you think that anybody wants to watch the Jets play the Hurricanes?

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on March 13, 2013, 10:56:50 AM
Quote from: Barrister on March 13, 2013, 09:56:25 AM

Do you think that anybody wants to watch the Jets play the Hurricanes?

Absolutely - it would be a battle for the lead in the SE Conference. :)

Well... okay.  Jets-Canes is not particularly compelling out of their home markets.  But the Jets have played plenty of more interesting matchups on Saturday, and they've all been stuck playing at 2pm.

Grey Fox

The Jets will get more prime time HNIC saturday spots once they are in the west.

Mothercorp has no interest in showing any less Toronto or Montreal games nationally at 7 pm.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 13, 2013, 11:23:49 AM
The Jets will get more prime time HNIC saturday spots once they are in the west.

Mothercorp has no interest in showing any less Toronto or Montreal games nationally at 7 pm.

It will be even worse then.  CBC has no interest in changing the times of their games, so if they have the Jets on HNIC it will be at the 10pm slot EST, which is 9pm in Winnipeg.