NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on February 08, 2013, 08:24:20 AM
:yeah:
parade: back on!

And nope Neil, I was posting from home while hiding from the snow
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

:weep:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8928216/nhl-bad-season-gets-worse-washington-capitals-loss-pittsburgh-penguins

QuotePerhaps most distressing for an organization that has been to the postseason five straight seasons is that, as the game was slipping away during the middle frame, there was no resolve, no sign of being able to arrest the game's shifting momentum.

In the locker room, the term "rock bottom" was bandied about.

"Hopefully, we don't have to go any lower than this," Alzner said.

Sadly, Thursday's loss gives no indication that this team has fully plumbed to the depths it might sink.

Damn.  Is it Baseball Spring Training yet?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

So, Washington = Toronto?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

I dunno.  Even if Toronto could somehow manage to beat the good teams in the East (the Habs would crush them in a playoff series, for example), Chicago looks pretty much invincible so far.  They've played a quarter of the season, and they've two points short of perfect.  That's ridiculous.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on February 08, 2013, 11:36:47 AM
I dunno.  Even if Toronto could somehow manage to beat the good teams in the East (the Habs would crush them in a playoff series, for example), Chicago looks pretty much invincible so far.  They've played a quarter of the season, and they've two points short of perfect.  That's ridiculous.

And Chicago has spent almost all of it on the road.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

C.C.R.

Meh.  The Hawks have all of the makings for a 1st round playoff loss.  They're winning, but they seem...soft.  It's hard to explain.

Barrister

Quote from: C.C.R. on February 08, 2013, 12:34:17 PM
Meh.  The Hawks have all of the makings for a 1st round playoff loss.  They're winning, but they seem...soft.  It's hard to explain.

Lots of time left to add some toughness.

Ed Anger

Chicago needs more Carcillo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

C.C.R.

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 08, 2013, 12:40:44 PM
Chicago needs more Carcillo.

Actually, yeah, that.  With him out since the first game (which I missed) I totally forgot about him... :P

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on February 08, 2013, 09:30:45 AM

That's right.

An oh, we got Neil and BB to blame for this "Alberta clipper"
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on February 08, 2013, 12:59:38 PM

That's right.

It's sunny with a high of -2 today. :)

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on February 08, 2013, 12:59:38 PM

That's right.

That's right.  Rather than cutting off your energy, we're trying 'Let those Eastern bastards freeze in the dark!' via burying you in snow.  Expect more.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: HVC on February 09, 2013, 10:30:31 PM
Poor Montreal.
I'm finding a new interest for the Maple Leafs.  Up to now, they were just above the Canadiens in my least of all time favorite teams, but after this week-end...  nah :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.