News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Finally signed up for GameCentre Live.  Pretty slick I must say.  Just to test it out I have the Sens-Pens game on right now via AppleTV.  It's nice that, unlike Centre Ice, you can pick which feed you want to watch.

Doesn't appear to be HD however.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on January 27, 2013, 06:54:45 PM

Yeah. That's a big drawback. What's the price diff between this and Centre Ice?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on January 27, 2013, 07:58:46 PM

Live is 50$ for the season. Centre Ice is totally dependent on who's your provider.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Wow the Caps didn't suck...too badly...tonight.  That was a nice change.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on January 27, 2013, 07:58:46 PM

It may just be the choice of feed.  I said "No HD" when I was watching a randomly-selected Devils-Habs game (Devils feed).  But the Jets game did appear to be in HD.

But what seemed freaky to me is that they showed no commercials, and no intermission.  No post-game show either.

Hell of a game by the Jets tonight.  Isles took the early 1-0 lead, jets battle back to a 2-1 lead, then Isles came back to 4-2, only for your hometown heroes to tie it up to bring it into overtime, ad Kane with the winner in OT.

3-1-1 baby.   :cool:

C.C.R.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on January 28, 2013, 08:45:06 AM
Leafs are 2-3 baby :)
gotta keep the tradition alive. It's comforting to know nothing changes :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Get ready to crash Beeb! The Galchenyuk Express is coming.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

The Jets will fake losing in the 1st, just to put the Habs in confidence.  Then they'll come back with a vengeance, just as they did to the Pens last Friday :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on January 28, 2013, 08:36:16 PM
The Jets will fake losing in the 1st, just to put the Habs in confidence.  Then they'll come back with a vengeance, just as they did to the Pens last Friday :)

:shifty:

Josephus

LOL @ Sabres. Lose to Leafs.
Civis Romanus Sum

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on January 29, 2013, 09:15:05 PM
Quote from: viper37 on January 28, 2013, 08:36:16 PM

:shifty:

:(

Zoupa