Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on January 23, 2013, 12:45:40 AM
Quote from: Barrister on January 23, 2013, 12:36:04 AM
Sure.  That's it. :rolleyes:

It is the second game of a new coach tenure and the season.  What do you want?  Wailing and gnashing of teeth?  I didn't enjoy the game much if that helps.

QuoteJets are now lifetime 5-1-1 against the Caps.

Well good for them.  I hope they go beat the teams I hate like the Canes and the Lightening.

What I want is the acknowledgement that the Winnipeg Jets are the best hockey franchise of all time.  Since reality seems to conflict with what I want, Iwill continue to mock all those who doubt the Jets greatness.   :cool:

Seriously though, the Caps did not look good tonight.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 23, 2013, 01:53:44 AM

What I want is the acknowledgement that the Winnipeg Jets are the best hockey franchise of all time.

No one cares about your scrub team that will be moving in less than 5 years.

In important news

Quotehe San Jose Sharks on Wednesday signed free-agent center Scott Gomez to a one-year contract.

Gomez's deal is for $700,000, according to a source.

Gomez was bought out by the Montreal Canadiens last week and became an unrestricted free agent. The Habs still will pay him his $5.5 million (pro-rated) salary for this season, plus two-thirds of the $4.5 million he was slated to earn next season in the final year of his deal.

The Canadiens, however, as per the compliance buyout rule in the new collective bargaining agreement, won't have Gomez on their salary cap next season.

Sharks associate coach Larry Robinson has a key connection to Gomez from their days in New Jersey when Robinson was coach there.

A two-time All-Star, Gomez is expected to center the third line with the Sharks.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

You will be very distrust at that signing, Sharks fans.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

:lol: Just cause the Habs suck the life out of all who go there. :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Not our fault, Mexilakan boy couldn't handle our night life.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

C.C.R.

Blackhawks are 4-0 to start the season...

:shifty:

C.C.R.

Blackhawks are in Columbus tonight -- looking at YOU, Ed Anger...  :menace:

And Mrs. CCR & I are having another couple over tonight for homemade pizza & to watch the game.  For some reason the gal coming over likes to text me pics of her vibrators, so Christ only knows what I'm getting myself into tonight...

:ccr

Neil

How come BB hasn't posted yet to crow about the big comeback by the Jets against the Penguins?  Or their general competance?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on January 26, 2013, 11:51:18 AM
How come BB hasn't posted yet to crow about the big comeback by the Jets against the Penguins?  Or their general competance?

^_^

That was an awesome, awesome game.

Ed Anger

Quote from: C.C.R. on January 26, 2013, 10:42:18 AM
Blackhawks are in Columbus tonight -- looking at YOU, Ed Anger...  :menace:

And Mrs. CCR & I are having another couple over tonight for homemade pizza & to watch the game.  For some reason the gal coming over likes to text me pics of her vibrators, so Christ only knows what I'm getting myself into tonight...

I don't even know who in the hell is playing on the Columbus team. Except for Fedor Tyutin.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

C.C.R.

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 26, 2013, 05:25:49 PM
I don't even know who in the hell is playing on the Columbus team. Except for Fedor Tyutin.  :lol:

:lol:

I had been Out Of It for a couple-few years there, so it took me a couple of games to figure out Who Is Who on the Hawks.  Hell, BB asked me about Oduya last week & I was like "Who?"

To answer that question, BB:  meh.  He doesn't stand out glaringly one way or the other right now...

Ed Anger

Known Blackhawks to me are Kane, Crybaby Hossa and Carcillo.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

so Christ only knows what I'm getting myself into tonight...

so, what did you get yourself into? :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

C.C.R.

Quote from: viper37 on January 27, 2013, 12:22:50 PM
so Christ only knows what I'm getting myself into tonight...

so, what did you get yourself into? :P

Lol, got my ass smacked a good one, but that was about it.  Her hubby (who's also my boss, heh heh) seemed pretty dogged about not leaving the two of us alone...

:P

Barrister

Quote from: C.C.R. on January 26, 2013, 05:33:20 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 26, 2013, 05:25:49 PM

:lol:

I had been Out Of It for a couple-few years there, so it took me a couple of games to figure out Who Is Who on the Hawks.  Hell, BB asked me about Oduya last week & I was like "Who?"

To answer that question, BB:  meh.  He doesn't stand out glaringly one way or the other right now...

Well that's pretty much what you want out of a defensive defenceman, isn't it?  No mistakes, don't notice him.

It's a shame the league wasn't playing in November - Oduya had an absolutely epic Movember stache last year.

Calgary Sun is reporting the Jets might make a push to trade for PK Subban if Montreal decides to deal him... :unsure:

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/01/26/washington-capitals-gm-george-mcphee-feeling-head-after-slow-start