Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 21, 2013, 04:48:55 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 21, 2013, 04:27:23 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 21, 2013, 03:41:58 PM
From the lack of NBA highlights on TSN I can only regret that the NHL is once again back in operation.
It was a close run thing though.  If they'd held out until after the Superbowl, there would have been no interesting sports in North America.

The wasteland of Alberta would have been unhappy but the civilized world would hot have noticed.  I wish I could get ESPN instead of TSN (The Skating Network)

The south is not the civilized world.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 21, 2013, 04:52:52 PM
From the lack of NBA highlights on TSN I can only regret that the NHL is once again back in operation.
It was a close run thing though.  If they'd held out until after the Superbowl, there would have been no interesting sports in North America.

The wasteland of Alberta would have been unhappy but the civilized world would hot have noticed.  I wish I could get ESPN instead of TSN (The Skating Network)

The south is not the civilized world.

Correct, there are still some enclaves in the South that need to have hockey eradicated

Neil

Civilized world?  Kind of a funny thing to call yourself, when you look at what happened last time Vancouver went to the finals.

And basketball is stupid.  Please stop liking it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sophie Scholl

Another Sabres win.  Man, I forgot how much I enjoy watching hockey and how intense the closing minutes can be.  Buffalo better work on their damned faceoff skills all week though.  That was just ugly.  Nice to see the boys get physical though.  A very welcome change from recent years where they simply allowed other teams to bully them.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josephus

Stanley Cup parade plans in Toronto temporarily suspended.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on January 21, 2013, 10:48:45 PM
Stanley Cup parade plans in Toronto temporarily suspended.
dammit, i'm never going to meet your niece :( :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Quote from: katmai on January 21, 2013, 11:32:49 PM
What is backstory here? :huh:
i don't even remember lol. Joe mentioned he had a niece in toronto once, i think.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Yeah me neither...I think it's the stuff of legend. And she's no longer in toronto ;) She's studying at Laurier.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

One hour to puck drop Valmy. :menace:

Last year the Jets record against the Caps was 4-1-1. :whistle:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on January 22, 2013, 05:54:53 PM
One hour to puck drop Valmy. :menace:

Last year the Jets record against the Caps was 4-1-1. :whistle:

:cool:

Valmy

Eh it is clearly taking awhile to get Adam Oates' system in place.  I guess that makes sense considering there was no preseason or training camp or anything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on January 23, 2013, 12:21:26 AM
I guess that makes sense considering there was no preseason or training camp or anything.
I think it shows for many teams.  The players seem to lack some coordination, the least worst team seems to win usually.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on January 23, 2013, 12:21:26 AM
Eh it is clearly taking awhile to get Adam Oates' system in place.  I guess that makes sense considering there was no preseason or training camp or anything.

Sure.  That's it. :rolleyes:

Jets are now lifetime 5-1-1 against the Caps.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 23, 2013, 12:36:04 AM
Sure.  That's it. :rolleyes:

It is the second game of a new coach tenure and the season.  What do you want?  Wailing and gnashing of teeth?  I didn't enjoy the game much if that helps.

QuoteJets are now lifetime 5-1-1 against the Caps.

Well good for them.  I hope they go beat the teams I hate like the Canes and the Lightening.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."