Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on January 21, 2013, 01:18:16 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 21, 2013, 01:15:06 PM
Jets score!

Crap!  Didn't think they'd have dropped the puck yet!

It was a quick start, the radio crew barely had time to say their names.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Kay - I'm all set now.  This is sort of fun - I haven't listened to a game on radio for a long time.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on January 21, 2013, 01:23:39 PM
Kay - I'm all set now.  This is sort of fun - I haven't listened to a game on radio for a long time.

It's fun.

Did you get Centre Ice or Center Live in the end?

I'd like to get Live but for the Xbox 360 app it requires to be a Xbox Live gold member, I don't want to do that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 21, 2013, 01:25:49 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 21, 2013, 01:23:39 PM

It's fun.

Did you get Centre Ice or Center Live in the end?

I'd like to get Live but for the Xbox 360 app it requires to be a Xbox Live gold member, I don't want to do that.

Haven't signed up yet (since in the first week 3 games were nationally televised, plus this game which I couldn't watch anyways) but am going to go with GameCentre.

I'm hoping to be able to catch some games while I'm in Brazil. :shifty:

Barrister

Neil

LOL at the Canucks for losing to he Oilers.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

If the Caps are going to get beaten up by the likes of the Lightening I would just assume the lockout go back into effect  :mad:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on January 21, 2013, 01:48:02 PM
If the Caps are going to get beaten up by the likes of the Lightening I would just assume the lockout go back into effect  :mad:

Then you're really not going to like what happens tomorrow.  :cool:

Jets have taken Boston to OT.

crazy canuck

From the lack of NBA highlights on TSN I can only regret that the NHL is once again back in operation.

Barrister

Good guys lose in the shoot out. :(

Josephus

Matinee game on a Monday?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on January 21, 2013, 04:04:48 PM
Matinee game on a Monday?

MLK day in the US apparently.

Why they'd play a Canadian team is beyond me though...

Josephus

oh, right...it's a holiday there.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 21, 2013, 03:41:58 PM
From the lack of NBA highlights on TSN I can only regret that the NHL is once again back in operation.
It was a close run thing though.  If they'd held out until after the Superbowl, there would have been no interesting sports in North America.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Neil on January 21, 2013, 04:27:23 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 21, 2013, 03:41:58 PM
It was a close run thing though.  If they'd held out until after the Superbowl, there would have been no interesting sports in North America.

The wasteland of Alberta would have been unhappy but the civilized world would hot have noticed.  I wish I could get ESPN instead of TSN (The Skating Network)