News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I watched the jets game on the free preview. I was thourghly unimpressed with the cbc coverage. Even worse than the NBC jackasses.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Gonna be a long short season for Montreal.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 19, 2013, 09:39:31 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 19, 2013, 09:37:07 PM

:bleeding:
:P

At least they scored. Still 1 for 5 against the 28th ranked PK team isn't a good sign.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on January 19, 2013, 09:43:26 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 19, 2013, 09:39:31 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 19, 2013, 09:37:07 PM

:bleeding:
:P

At least they scored. Still 1 for 5 against the 28th ranked PK team isn't a good sign.

What if you were the worse PP in the league tho?

That teams needs Subban ASAP.

Josephus

So who's gonna join HVC and I at the Stanley Cup parade in June.... :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on January 19, 2013, 10:27:31 PM
So who's gonna join HVC and I at the Stanley Cup parade in June.... :D
We're number 8! (in the east) We're number 8 (in the east)!

:P I think toronto can sneak in, but that's the fan in me :lol: But i do like montreal, when they're not playing against the leafs that is, so i'd like them to do well, but if that game is any idication they won't. Then again, first game in a truncated season after 6 days of practise, so this game probably isn't an indication of anything.

HVC

Also, bring your niece to the parade :lol:

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on January 19, 2013, 11:30:24 PM
Also, bring your niece to the parade :lol:

Not if you're gonna be there. :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

C.C.R.

Heh, Blackhawks are off to a nice little 2-0 start, with a 5.5 goals-a-game average.  Hell, Hossa has 4 goals in the first 2 games.  If he can keep from getting his bell rung this year I think he's going to tear it up.  Unfortunately, though, missed Saturday's game completely because I was at work & missed a lot of Sunday's game because, well, was "Spending Quality Time" with the wife.  Was kind of funny, though, that my wife & I kept stopping mid-coitus to look at the TV every time Pat Foley called out "HE SCORES!!!"

:ccr

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 19, 2013, 07:58:18 PM
I watched the jets game on the free preview. I was thourghly unimpressed with the cbc coverage. Even worse than the NBC jackasses.

Trouble is that when CBC is doing a triple-header like that we get the leftovers of the CBC crews.  The ones doing the main game (which last weekend was TO-MTL) aren't bad, and even the west-coast based team is tolerable.

I'll take the regional TSN-Jets crew any day though.

And I still hate this monday afternoon game.  The puck drops at freakin 11am for me.  Here's hoping I get away with listening to the radio feed on my work computer.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

So I was watching the hockey version of dierdorf and Gannon. Great.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on January 21, 2013, 10:32:30 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 19, 2013, 07:58:18 PM

Trouble is that when CBC is doing a triple-header like that we get the leftovers of the CBC crews.  The ones doing the main game (which last weekend was TO-MTL) aren't bad, and even the west-coast based team is tolerable.

I'll take the regional TSN-Jets crew any day though.

And I still hate this monday afternoon game.  The puck drops at freakin 11am for me.  Here's hoping I get away with listening to the radio feed on my work computer.

Atleast they actually show up at the god damn Arena for the game. TVA Sports & RDS(for non-Habs games), just simulcast someone else's feed & try to describe from TVs IN STUDIO.

Grey Fox

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 21, 2013, 01:15:06 PM
Jets score!

Crap!  Didn't think they'd have dropped the puck yet!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.