And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 14, 2013, 11:41:48 AM
:yeahright:

On Sunday in Winnipeg approx 5,000 people showed up to watch an hour of Jets practice.  That's right, practice.

I mean, we talkin bout practice.  Not a game, not a game, not a game.  We talkin bout practice.  Not a game, not a, not a, not the game that the Caps fans go out there and scream for, and act like every game is like game 7.  Not the game.  We talkin' bout practice, man.  I mean how silly is that?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Free Preview of Game Center Ice Jan 19-31 sources say.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on January 14, 2013, 10:52:25 AM
The NHL has a real shitty website - I can't even find out how much Game Centre is, or how to order it.

Well they finally gave a price - $50.

That's not bad actually. :hmm:

Anyone here ever used Game Centre before?  How good is the video feed?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Why do you even ask?

Are you going to not watch the game?

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on January 16, 2013, 12:25:55 AM
Why do you even ask?

Of course not.

But the decisions is between GameCentre (watching out of market games via internet/Apple TV) and watching them via Centre Ice (watching out of market games via cable).

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 14, 2013, 10:43:49 AM
:ultra:

Gamecenterlive is 50$ in the US.

:ultra:

Microsoft just announced they're bringing GameCenter to Xbox Live.  Tempted to plunk down the $50 fer it. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on January 16, 2013, 01:20:20 AM
Quote from: Jacob on January 16, 2013, 12:25:55 AM
Why do you even ask?

Of course not.

But the decisions is between GameCentre (watching out of market games via internet/Apple TV) and watching them via Centre Ice (watching out of market games via cable).

How are the regular nhl.com videos? I have no personal experience with it but apparently, it's like that.

Ed Anger

I need a Don Cherry fix, stat!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Love the Space Moose avatar Ed. :thumbsup:

katmai

Talks that my boy Scott might be signing with Sharks or Ducks.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on January 19, 2013, 03:39:53 PM
Talks that my boy Scott might be signing with Sharks or Ducks.

Hopefully coaches there can restrain themselves and keep his playing time under 12 minutes. When Martin could do that, Gomez actually did alright, he didnt score but he didn't float on every shift. The problems start when he gets up around 18 minutes of ice time, now that's asking for trouble.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Apparently I heard they're giving Cherry two coaches corner segments this year.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

What is it with Canadians and gigantic hats? :hmm:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on January 19, 2013, 04:29:17 PM
Apparently I heard they're giving Cherry two coaches corner segments this year.

Yes, a new segment in the first intermission of the late game. I don't know how are they going to keep him awake that long.

Hoccccccccccckkkkkkkeyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!