And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on November 08, 2012, 03:17:06 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2012, 02:30:08 PM
Assuming "soon" means "next 2-3 years" I see it happening.

New CBA isn't going to fix Phoenix.  I will hopefully fix places like St. Louis, Nashville, San Jose.

Phoenix still doesn't have a new owner...
The new Glenndale mayor wants to renegotiate the deal, sure.
But despite all the drama, the NHL is still committed to stay there.

I think that once the CBA is signed, the NHL will be in expansion mode, seeking new opportunities fro expansion.  Then, maybe Quebec will get a team.

Maybe the Coyotes will move, but I just don't see it happening in the next 2-3 years.

NHL would like to stay, but is willing to move.  Remember - in 2010 the NHL had signed an agreement with Winnipeg to move the team.  They were prepared to move the team unless Glendale gave them the $25 mil.  With 15 minutes to spare Glendale blinked, and the team stayed put.

The NHL was reluctant to move to QC until a new arena was built.  Spring 2012 you hadn't begun construction, and knowing Quebec politics something could always pop up to prevent it from happening.  But now that you've broken ground... :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: viper37 on November 08, 2012, 10:21:58 AM
Quote from: katmai on November 07, 2012, 08:40:35 PM
QuoteGomez, 32, skated with the Aces in training camp but said he did not intend to play for them. With no indication the NHL lockout will end soon -- regular-season games scheduled through Nov. 30 have already been canceled -- his thinking clearly has changed. Gomez joins three other NHLers from Anchorage with the Aces -- winger Brandon Dubinsky, center Nate Thompson and winger Joey Crabb.
Is your brother still in Alaska?  He'll be able to see his friend again then :)

:huh: My brother has never been to Alaska, and I'm friends with Scott's family. Silly Viper. I was mostly posting it to show how the 4 local boys are staying here and playing with Aces.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Supposedly, Chara and Miro Satan are buddies.

ZEDNO SMASH!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: katmai on November 08, 2012, 05:37:30 PM
:huh: My brother has never been to Alaska, and I'm friends with Scott's family. Silly Viper. I was mostly posting it to show how the 4 local boys are staying here and playing with Aces.
I got confused.  I thought your brother was best friend with the guy, not you.  And I thought you said you grew up in Alaska, I figured your brother was there too.  That will teach me trying to remember personal stuff about forum members.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on November 08, 2012, 01:38:14 AM
No comment that after 2-3 days of meetings in a "secret location" that for the first time during the lockout things are actually looking up?
See, what did I tell you?  Nothing new on the radar.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

No season this year. 50% chance of no season next year.

At some point the league needs to get down it's high horse or the FerhPA will go after the Cap itself.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Strix

They'll come to an agreement, most likely before Christmas. Of course, no one may care by that time.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Valmy

Quote from: Strix on November 12, 2012, 09:46:43 AM
They'll come to an agreement, most likely before Christmas. Of course, no one may care by that time.

If they get it done with enough time for a short regular season and playoffs everybody will be fine.  As the LA Kings demonstrated the regular season does not matter that much anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 12, 2012, 09:36:36 AM
there's going to be riots in Montreal and Vancouver if there is no hockey :P

katmai

Quote from: viper37 on November 12, 2012, 09:17:30 AM
Quote from: katmai on November 08, 2012, 05:37:30 PM
I got confused.  I thought your brother was best friend with the guy, not you.  And I thought you said you grew up in Alaska, I figured your brother was there too.  That will teach me trying to remember personal stuff about forum members.

My brother is a bastard! He grew up in Wisconsin with his mother (we have same father, different Mom's) :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on November 12, 2012, 11:33:05 AM

I don't know about Vancouver but in Montreal we riot when we win.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 12, 2012, 11:59:08 AM

Well Vancouver has never won so we have no idea.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Strix

Are you old enough to remember? 1993 was a long time ago for the Les Canadiens de Montréal.

Go Canes!
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Valmy

Quote from: Strix on November 12, 2012, 12:05:48 PM
Are you old enough to remember? 1993 was a long time ago for the Les Canadiens de Montréal.

Go Canes!

It was a pretty memorable series and riot.  I certainly remember that better than anything the colorless and boring Canes have ever done.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Strix on November 12, 2012, 12:05:48 PM

Go Canes!

I do. It's my earliest Hockey memory. Also rioted after winnning game 7 of a First Round series in '07(?).

Go Whalers!