News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I'll just throw it out there - if ticket prices are reasonable would you want to go Neil-o?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on June 20, 2012, 10:50:31 AM
I'll just throw it out there - if ticket prices are reasonable would you want to go Neil-o?
I'd go.  I've never been to an NHL game before.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on June 20, 2012, 11:06:43 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 20, 2012, 10:50:31 AM
I'd go.  I've never been to an NHL game before.

:blink:

Really?  As in ever?

I've probably attended <10 lifetime so I'm hardly a huge hockey nut but I saw a handful of Jets 1.0 games in Winnipeg, I went to a couple in Calgary (in the firm luxury box).  Hell I saw a Jets vs Oilers in Edmonton game in the early 80s when my dad took us.  That was the last time I was in that building too.

So I have my doubts the game will even happen, but lets keep it in mind.  Could be fun.   :)

Neil

Never ever.  I guess I just never made an effort since I moved here nine or ten years ago.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Have you been to minor leagues hockey games?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on June 20, 2012, 11:27:55 AM
Never ever.  I guess I just never made an effort since I moved here nine or ten years ago.

I guess that makes sense.  Until this last year I don't think I had ever paid for a ticket - they were all freebies / my dad taking me.

And actually since i got those tickets for Christmas I guess I have still never paid for a ticket.

Neil - I couldn't imagine going to 41 games a year, but a NHL hockey game is a fun (and expensive!) night out.  They know how to put on a show, everyone's cheering (or in my case, ribbing me for wearing opposition colours) and having a good time.

Barrister

Schedule's out.  Team is playing in Phoenix by the way.

I really think Quebec is out for next season.

katmai

There will be a team in Seattle before Quebec.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on June 21, 2012, 11:24:58 AM
There will be a team in Seattle before Quebec.

NBA? 'course.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Some news.
text in french

- for a referendum to occur, the opponents to the deal need 1862 signatures by July 8th
- if there's a referendum on the subject, it will be held in November
- Jamison still does not have the money

So, by July 8th, we should know a little more.

My guess is either way, the NHL will keep&manage the team one more year in Glendale.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on June 21, 2012, 01:54:40 PM
My guess is either way, the NHL will keep&manage the team one more year in Glendale.

:yes:

katmai

And then move to Seattle.

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

PRC

Would they go back to the name Nordiques... or go with something new?

katmai

Seattle Nordiques makes no sense Whap :rolleyes: