And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on May 07, 2012, 09:54:41 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 07, 2012, 09:18:21 AM
The final is going to be full of teams I hate or barely like. Very, very bad year.

I barely like the Kings but gawd I hate Mike Richards & smug face Carter.
Flyers or New Jersey vs LA Kings.
I think the Flyers have packed it in, and either the Caps or Rangers could take the Devils.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

I fully expect a Caps vs Kings final.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

The NBA champs also went out in the first round.

That is the only interesting thing about hockey.  That and the Caps look to win this year.

viper37

Quote from: Neil on May 07, 2012, 11:16:33 AM
I think the Flyers have packed it in, and either the Caps or Rangers could take the Devils.
the games are pretty close.  Bryzgalov can be a decent goalie, although inferior to Brodeur, but the Flyers have got to work on their defensive play.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 07, 2012, 12:36:33 PM

Oh?  I thought basketball was a real sport where the regular season did matter compared to NHL hockey where it made no sense once in the playoffs? ;)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on May 07, 2012, 12:37:39 PM

Oh?  I thought basketball was a real sport where the regular season did matter compared to NHL hockey where it made no sense once in the playoffs? ;)

YOu did?  Because you couldn't be more wrong.  The NBA is exactly like the NHL as far as the Regular Season is concerned.

Unless you were being sarcastic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on May 07, 2012, 12:37:39 PM

Basketball is a real sport of course.  That is why the regular season matters in the NBA.  The team with the better record this season defeated last year's champion - who did not have a good season this year - in a sweep.

Upsets can occur in the basketball but generally speaking the rules of the game to do not change in the post season like they do in hockey.  Nor is it possible to simply knock out the oppositions best players with cheap shots.

So yeah, you were saying?

Grey Fox

There is only 1 sport that has more cheap shots artists then BBall & it's soccer.

I find Basketball boring because too many rules seem to impeed defense.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on May 07, 2012, 12:36:43 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 07, 2012, 11:16:33 AM
the games are pretty close.  Bryzgalov can be a decent goalie, although inferior to Brodeur, but the Flyers have got to work on their defensive play.
Exactly.  A superior Flyers team is being beaten by the Devils because of lack of effort.  Thus, packing it in.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 07, 2012, 01:08:31 PM
That is why the regular season matters in the NBA.
Well, the last 2 minutes of each game matters.

crazy canuck

Such is the ignorance of someone who grew up knowing nothing but hockey.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 07, 2012, 12:40:41 PM
Unless you were being sarcastic.
I was sarcastic, because it was what CC said a week or two ago ;)

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 07, 2012, 01:08:31 PM
Nor is it possible to simply knock out the oppositions best players with cheap shots.

So yeah, you were saying?
like this, you mean?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0tiQ01BhGM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAfp6ZCsvGc

Wich, btw, didn't seem to warrant a penalty?

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 07, 2012, 01:48:41 PM
Such is the ignorance of someone who grew up knowing nothing but hockey.
there are other sports?

viper37

Fuck.  I didn't see Giroux' hit on Zubrus.  Well, I guess the Flyers are done, then.  Without Giroux, I doubt they can pull it off.