News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 19, 2012, 12:09:06 AM
The CBC guy doing the LA - Vancouver game tonight seemed to really like the Canucks.   

Jim Hughson used to be a local Vancouver radio play by play guy, then a CTV Sportsnet play by play guy and now he's with the CBC.  He does good play by play so he's risen to the top of the CBC play by play charts, doing the game that will get the estimated highest ratings.  Yet he is still that Canucks follower at heart and when he does their games the bias is obvious.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: PRC on April 19, 2012, 12:52:49 AM
Jim Hughson used to be a local Vancouver radio play by play guy, then a CTV Sportsnet play by play guy and now he's with the CBC.  He does good play by play so he's risen to the top of the CBC play by play charts, doing the game that will get the estimated highest ratings.  Yet he is still that Canucks follower at heart and when he does their games the bias is obvious.

Did he also do the EA NHL <year> games (I haven't picked one of those up in a few years, so he might not be the guy now)?  His voice sounded really familiar.  I agree he's a good play by play guy, just got the "GO CANUCKS!!!" vibe from him.  Heh.

viper37

nice games yesterday night.  the Canucks were lucky, the Kings didn't have the talent to capitalize on their defensive blunders.

The Pens... omg!!  What a fucking game that was :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

PRC

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 19, 2012, 12:58:19 AM
Quote from: PRC on April 19, 2012, 12:52:49 AM

Did he also do the EA NHL <year> games (I haven't picked one of those up in a few years, so he might not be the guy now)?  His voice sounded really familiar.  I agree he's a good play by play guy, just got the "GO CANUCKS!!!" vibe from him.  Heh.

Yep, that's him.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on April 19, 2012, 09:30:32 AM
nice games yesterday night.  the Canucks were lucky, the Kings didn't have the talent to capitalize on their defensive blunders.

I'd like some defense, thank you very much.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 19, 2012, 12:09:06 AM
The CBC guy doing the LA - Vancouver game tonight seemed to really like the Canucks.

The play by play guy has a long history with the Canucks and was briefly the play by play guy for the local radio station that had the Canucks broadcast rights.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 19, 2012, 10:28:17 AM
Quote from: viper37 on April 19, 2012, 09:30:32 AM

I'd like some defense, thank you very much.
once the referees decided to call all penalties, the Flyers were fucked, unable to adapt their game plan to changing conditions.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

PRC

Quote from: viper37 on April 21, 2012, 09:50:48 PM
Torres is suspended for 25 games:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=173753

NHL justice is a joke. 

Not that Torres didn't deserve 25 games, but that hit wasn't worse than Keiths on Sedin or numerous other hits this season and post-season.  Repeat offender reasoning and all that doesn't go far enough to explain the inconsistency.

Fixing headshots and intent to injure plays in hockey is not going to change until former players start suing the NHL for injuries like brain damage that they've incurred during their playing days. The financial threat of lawsuits aimed at proving the NHL didn't do enough to protect the players during their playing days is the only thing that is going to change the way justice is handled in hockey.

Valmy

:yeah:

Of course now the Caps have a series lead  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Well on the bright side the Sharks can start their summer break after today.

:cry:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on April 21, 2012, 10:43:30 PM
:yeah:

Of course now the Caps have a series lead  :ph34r:

Don't get cocky kid! - H. Solo
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Quote from: katmai on April 22, 2012, 02:07:14 AM
Well on the bright side the Sharks can start their summer break after today.

:cry:

:weep:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Neil

Poor Sharks.  They always underachieve.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Fuck Sidney Crosby. Too bad Giroux didn't knock him into orbit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive