News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Los Angeles over Vancouver - Canucks suck, and are faggots.  Everyone who likes them is not just stupid, but evil and a criminal.
St Louis over San Jose - You know, the last decade has just been such a waste for the Sharks.  They have had so much talent, but they never went anywhere.  The Blues are young and exciting.
Chicago over Phoenix - Chicago is a tough team, like a Boston-West.  Phoenix doesn't have the wherewithal to win a seven-game series.
Nashville over Detroit - I like Detroit's talent and experience against Nashville's trap, but I just think it's the Preds are going to get out of the first round.

New York over Ottawa - I really like the Rangers this year.  The Senators are pretenders.
Boston over Washington - The toughest team in the league vs the softest?
New Jersey over Florida - Neither of these teams really matters in the big picture, but Brodeur and his team have a win against the worst division winner in them.
Pittsburgh over Philadelphia - Might be the best series of the first round.  I like the Flyers, but I think that Pittsburgh's combination of amazing talent and Orpik thuggery will allow them to win.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on April 08, 2012, 09:03:28 AM
Boston over Washington - The toughest team in the league vs the softest?

:angry:

Well.....yeah....
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2012, 12:11:34 PM
Posted for CC - still think the Jets are a "pump and dump"?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/thomsons-love-affair-with-jets--intensifies-146630655.html

You want me to be surprised that Winnipeg is drinking the coolaid?  As you will recall I predicted that the early wave of euphoria would eventually die off and the cold hard economics that drove the team out the first time would come back to haunt them.  We are a few years off from you declaring me wrong.  Indeed this Winnipeg is well and truly at the euphoria stage - and forgetting to notice the playoffs were missed.  Something only the truly pathetic teams manage to do on a regular basis.  In a few years will there be Leafslike apology in place of this article?  Time will tell.

crazy canuck

Los Angeles over Vancouver - Canucks suck, and are faggots.  Everyone who likes them is not just stupid, but evil and a criminal.

What is it like to have the local team miss the playoffs.  It has been so long I forget.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 10, 2012, 01:26:27 PM

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/thomsons-love-affair-with-jets--intensifies-146630655.html

You want me to be surprised that Winnipeg is drinking the coolaid?  As you will recall I predicted that the early wave of euphoria would eventually die off and the cold hard economics that drove the team out the first time would come back to haunt them.  We are a few years off from you declaring me wrong.  Indeed this Winnipeg is well and truly at the euphoria stage - and forgetting to notice the playoffs were missed.  Something only the truly pathetic teams manage to do on a regular basis.  In a few years will there be Leafslike apology in place of this article?  Time will tell.

You should actually read the article, instead of just looking at the URL.

This was an interview with that notable Torontonian David Thomson, who just happens to own a significant portion of the team.

There was also a news story that the Jets earned so much money they do not qualify for any league revenue-sharing.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 10, 2012, 01:28:13 PM

What is it like to have the local team miss the playoffs.  It has been so long I forget.

Well public spaces are safe and pleasant places to be this time of year for starters.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2012, 01:31:15 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 10, 2012, 01:26:27 PM

You should actually read the article, instead of just looking at the URL.

I read the first line, ran to the toilet and vomited, then returned to write my pithy response.  You want me to read more?  Are you trying to kill me?

viper37

Apparently, the Coyotes' fate will be decided on April 15th (next Sunday), and it's looking good for Quebec.
Source is some journalist from Sportsnet, Bob something (McCann?), I can't hear correctly on radio.  Says it comes from Bill Daly.

Yes, I know, I'm making a BB out of me, even thouhg I swore not to do it.  But I can't help myself.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 10, 2012, 01:53:00 PM
Apparently, the Coyotes' fate will be decided on April 15th (next Sunday), and it's looking good for Quebec.
Source is some journalist from Sportsnet, Bob something (McCann?), I can't hear correctly on radio.  Says it comes from Bill Daly.

Yes, I know, I'm making a BB out of me, even thouhg I swore not to do it.  But I can't help myself.

Bob McCown.  I've posted some stuff from him too.

But really he doesn't have any inside information on this.  He does follow the story (he interviewed "Cactus" Phil Lieberman, the city counsellor from Glendale last week), but the only people really in the know are in the league HQ, and in Quebecor.

And becoming a BB? :hug:

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2012, 01:57:31 PM

He actual meant a Buxom Blonde. He plans on snatching up a rich hockey player :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

You two should get a room in the Back Alley.

No really.

PRC

Quote from: viper37 on April 10, 2012, 01:53:00 PM

If it happens and they move to Quebec City (which I hope does happen)... and the Coyotes win the Stanley Cup... where do they have the parade?

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 10, 2012, 01:57:31 PM
But really he doesn't have any inside information on this.  He does follow the story (he interviewed "Cactus" Phil Lieberman, the city counsellor from Glendale last week), but the only people really in the know are in the league HQ, and in Quebecor.
Well, this time he said his source was Bill Daly, that they talked to PĂ©ladeau and told him to be ready in case there was something to be announced.
It's looking good :)

Still not watching curling though!  :P