News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Jaron on April 06, 2012, 12:20:20 AM
The Sharks will go all the way this year.

:menace:

They have got the talent, and if can upset Van, maybe....but not holding out hope.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PRC

Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2012, 12:26:10 AM
Quote from: Jaron on April 06, 2012, 12:20:20 AM
The Sharks will go all the way this year.

:menace:

They have got the talent, and if can upset Van, maybe....but not holding out hope.

Not a chance, that team has issues.

katmai

Jaron

The Sharks gave the Kings their comeuppance tonight.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

viper37

Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2012, 12:25:08 AM
Stayed a fan till Sharks were born and been a fan of them for last 20 years. Other then them I've rooted for Devils, Rangers and Canadiens just because Scott was playing on those respective squads.
I like the Sharks, I have hopes for them this year :)

I'd love to go to California and seem either Anaheim or San Jose.  I'll probably settle for Tampa Bay, though, at some point. It will be less expensive that way.  And if my verbal english keeps degrading, there are higher probabilities I'll find a Québécois in Tampa.  Since we all look alike, they won't be hard to track :P

Sorry for your brother's friend Scott.  He's been injured twice, and he hasn't really played up to the level everyone there was expecting, given his contract. 

It's expected his contract will be bought this summer, or he will be "let go".  The Canadiens will pay him half his wage, but it won't count on their wage cap, the other team will pay the other half and count the full wage on their cap.  It could be good for a team who have trouble meeting the floor cap.  And he might get another chance elsewhere, with a winning team.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

Yeah I've heard same reports with him expecting that and wanting to re-sign with Devils, we shall see how it all plays out, but he's been unimpressive in his time up there, but I know he has  loved Montreal as a city at least :P

Barrister

Well we can all be thankful their is no American BarristerBoy and his Curling Broom of +1.

:(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on April 06, 2012, 01:01:20 AM
Well we can all be thankful their is no American BarristerBoy and his Curling Broom of +1.

You are on of a kind, what can i say?

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on April 06, 2012, 01:01:20 AM

To cheer you up:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CURLING12/curling-2012

:)

QuoteWelcome to Curling 2012 - the realistic Curling Simulation for PC. Get your curling equipment ready! Your mission: Compete the best curling teams in the world. Curling, often called as "chess on the ice", started his run through the world in the middle ages. Over 800.000 people are playing curling actively worldwide. Now it is time for you to try curling on your PC at home!

Features

Challenging tournament mode
    Detailed 3D environment
    Elaborate scoring system
    Highscore function guarantees long-lasting fun
    Intuitive control via keyboard and mouse
    Multiplayer mode via Lan or Internet
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sophie Scholl

:weep:  Like a true Buffalo sports fan, I can see some hope for the future with how things ended, but still no championship.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

viper37

Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2012, 12:52:25 AM
but I know he has  loved Montreal as a city at least :P
yeah, lots of hockey players seem to like Montreal...

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Tortorella not happy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU7ImcOYqOk&feature=share

I haven't seen the hit in question, someone can give me a link?

Neil

You don't see too many 5-3 short-handed goals.  Suck it, Maple Leafs.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Freaking Carolina.   Total fail.

Ah well seventh seed it is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PRC

Tough match-ups on both sides, no clear cut favourites for any of the series in my opinion.