News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on April 04, 2012, 02:32:13 PM
governments do it all the time.  I don't see what's so strange about it, it's like complaining about the wheater.

There is nothing strange about it...except it was an idiotic decision.  The City Council has only themselves to blame.  Seeing the guy lash out in rage in hilarious.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2012, 02:36:57 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 04, 2012, 02:32:13 PM
governments do it all the time.  I don't see what's so strange about it, it's like complaining about the wheater.

There is nothing strange about it...except it was an idiotic decision.  The City Council has only themselves to blame.  Seeing the guy lash out in rage in hilarious.
of course it was idiotic, nobody likes hockey in this town.  Americans do not view hockey as a #1 sport like Canadians.  Even among hockey fans, I'd be surprised if, given the choice between basket, foot and hockey they'd pick hockey.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2012, 01:04:33 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2012, 09:35:26 AM
POsted more for Viper's benefit, but here's the video from last night's City of Glendale council meeting.

http://glendale-az.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=1507

Skip ahead to about 3:19 when Mayor Scruggs just looses it about how the City has been screwed around by the NHL.  Whether or not they were screwed is up for debate, but it sure sounds to me like they are throwing in the towel on the Coyotes.

If you don't want to watch a video, Mayor Scruggs meltdown quoted here:

http://thehockeywriters.com/glendale-at-war-with-the-nhl/

Quote"The reason why we approved that second payment of $25M to the NHL. Why 5 of us voted for this, was because we were told that we were just this close to a deal being done. Mr. Daly stood right in front of us and he told us that. "We have never been closer... There was a deal that was going to be done so we should never have to pay that $25M and the NHL wouldn't go move the team off some place. So, here we are now, a year later, two months from having to pay this. No Mr. Hulsizer... No Mr. Anybody Else. No Deals, No Nothing. So we have a problem."

thanks for the link btw :)

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 05:00:19 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 04, 2012, 02:30:40 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 10:58:30 AM
Bring back the Whale!!!
Whalers, actually ;)
Jesus you are dense.
Whale sounds silly as a nick for a hockey team.
Besides, I thought you didn't like hockey and got confused in the name of the team.

katmai

Well that is pretty racist. Just cause I'm brown I can't like hockey?

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2012, 01:30:21 PM

:yes:

Unless your name is Dustin Byfuglien, Evander Kane, or Johnny Oduya. :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

You're toying with me, but anyway, let's play, in case somebody would really think I'm racist.

I have no idea what you look like, I have never met you.  So, you're brown, ok.  Doesn't change a thing for me.

You're American however, and generally speaking, Americans do not like hockey as much as Canadians.  Just like Euros often prefer soccer, Americans often prefer many other sports before hockey.

I read a few times that you didn't like the game, I thought these comments were serious, if they were not, I am sorry.  I always pictured you for a fan football first, just like I picture CC as a fan of basketball first.

Grey Fox

Wrong color. It's because you're an american.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Go back to the lettuce fields beaner!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Lots of brown people around here who like hockey.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: viper37 on April 05, 2012, 03:33:44 PM

You're toying with me, but anyway, let's play, in case somebody would really think I'm racist.

I have no idea what you look like, I have never met you.  So, you're brown, ok.  Doesn't change a thing for me.

You're American however, and generally speaking, Americans do not like hockey as much as Canadians.  Just like Euros often prefer soccer, Americans often prefer many other sports before hockey.

I read a few times that you didn't like the game, I thought these comments were serious, if they were not, I am sorry.  I always pictured you for a fan football first, just like I picture CC as a fan of basketball first.

I'm from Alaska, as a kid i played three sports at organized lvl here. Baseball, Soccer and Hockey.

One of my friends brother was a good hockey player, actually he's been an NHL quality player...well till last two years at least, been stinking up Montreal :P
In sports I follow now Hockey is just behind Football (American and rotw)

In this thread I really only talk shit to annoy Beeb, and really all Canadians.
Seeing as you are French and not Canadian shouldn't you not be a hockey fan?