News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Oh Beeb like you were convinced they were leaving last year aNd the year before that.

Valmy just because you hate hockey doesn't mean there aren't places in US that can support it better than backwards Winnipeg and small town Quebec.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 10:25:47 AM
Valmy just because you hate hockey doesn't mean there aren't places in US that can support it better than backwards Winnipeg and small town Quebec.

Um Tuscaloosa Alabama has no problem supporting a College Football program that is a financial juggernaut.  They do a far better job than Seattle does.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Oh Beeb like you were convinced they were leaving last year aNd the year before that.

This time is different.  In 2010 and 2011 there were at least named prospective buyers.  In 2012 there is nobody.  The City is finally talking about what life without the Coyotes would be like (seriously - they never even seemed to consider the possibility in the past).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Beeb there is named prospective buyers this year so not sure wtf you are talking about.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 10:44:58 AM
Beeb there is named prospective buyers this year so not sure wtf you are talking about.

Jamieson? :rolleyes:

Do you really want me to make another giant "I TOLD YOU SO" thread in a couple of weeks?

katmai

I dOnt recall you telling me they were moving to Seattle.

Neil

There are places, but they all have teams already.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Bring back the Whale!!!

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 10:58:30 AM
Bring back the Whale!!!

I know.  Connecticut's only major league pro team...gone forever.

But to Carolina?  Really?

I also love how the ownership did it.  Jack up ticket prices, remove the partial season tickets that the middle class supporters of the team could afford and then demand the fans either buy up all the tickets or they are leaving.  They still almost did it but it had to really suck to hand your money to those assholes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2012, 10:58:30 AM
Bring back the Whale!!!

Conneticut could probably support a team.  Apparently the AHL Whale is doing well.  Alas, like so many other places, they'd need a new arena and there's been little movement on that front.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2012, 09:35:26 AM
POsted more for Viper's benefit, but here's the video from last night's City of Glendale council meeting.

http://glendale-az.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=1507

Skip ahead to about 3:19 when Mayor Scruggs just looses it about how the City has been screwed around by the NHL.  Whether or not they were screwed is up for debate, but it sure sounds to me like they are throwing in the towel on the Coyotes.

If you don't want to watch a video, Mayor Scruggs meltdown quoted here:

http://thehockeywriters.com/glendale-at-war-with-the-nhl/

Quote"The reason why we approved that second payment of $25M to the NHL. Why 5 of us voted for this, was because we were told that we were just this close to a deal being done. Mr. Daly stood right in front of us and he told us that. "We have never been closer... There was a deal that was going to be done so we should never have to pay that $25M and the NHL wouldn't go move the team off some place. So, here we are now, a year later, two months from having to pay this. No Mr. Hulsizer... No Mr. Anybody Else. No Deals, No Nothing. So we have a problem."

Valmy

You mean tossing public money at a money losing business was bad policy?  That is amazing.  No wonder the City Council is so outraged.

viper37

Quote from: Neil on April 03, 2012, 04:17:05 PM
At least my language isn't faggoty.
I suggest you discuss your closet issued with Dr Martinus and Grallon.  I am not qualified for this, sorry.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2012, 01:08:39 PM
You mean tossing public money at a money losing business was bad policy?  That is amazing.  No wonder the City Council is so outraged.
governments do it all the time.  I don't see what's so strange about it, it's like complaining about the wheater.