News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

That's natural.  The Habs are a great franchise, whereas the Jets are ho-hum.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 23, 2012, 02:51:19 PM
It's very easy to hate Montreal.

The last time the Jets played the Habs it was carried on CBC.  The CBC announcers spent the entire game talking about the Habs, and when they interviewed one of the Jets players after the 1st period they spent all the time asking him about what the Habs were doing. :rolleyes:

This is why so many Americans hate Duke and Notre Dame.  When your team plays Duke in basketball or Notre Dame in football the announcers have a hard time hiding their massive crush on them.  But it is exactly that that makes Duke and Notre Dame (and the Habs) sorta appealing to me.  They just have a certain aura.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on March 23, 2012, 02:52:08 PM

Not according to the standings.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 23, 2012, 03:03:16 PM

Yeah they are horrible this year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

So V - another huge game tonight.  Jets lose and they can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on March 23, 2012, 02:51:19 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2012, 02:46:04 PM
I just cannot hate the Habs.  The tradition and mystique are just pretty cool even though they seem to have left it all behind in their old building.  I guess I like the idea of the Habs rather than the actual post-Forum Habs.

I just have contempt for the Leafs, they are the Cubs of hockey, they just sit there being popular and beloved even though they never win.  They just have a sense of entitlement that makes them seem sad and dellusional.  Which is kind of a black eye to the NHL IMO since they are one of the premier franchises (maybe even THE premier franchise) and they are basically symbols of mediocrity.

It's very easy to hate Montreal.

The last time the Jets played the Habs it was carried on CBC.  The CBC announcers spent the entire game talking about the Habs, and when they interviewed one of the Jets players after the 1st period they spent all the time asking him about what the Habs were doing. :rolleyes:

What feed do you get? Quebec fanbase is pretty imprevious to anything none-habs, since we all watch the game on RDS and RDS is Habs wall to wall.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 23, 2012, 03:07:17 PM
So V - another huge game tonight.  Jets lose and they can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

I know the Caps have made it difficult for me to check the scores and highlights every night I am so on edge.  Another huge game but really for the past month they have all been huge.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on March 23, 2012, 03:03:16 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 23, 2012, 02:52:08 PM
When it comes to the playoffs, missing by a millimetre and missing by a mile are equally bad.  And Winnipeg has pretty much sealed their fate.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2012, 03:10:21 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 23, 2012, 03:07:17 PM

I know the Caps have made it difficult for me to check the scores and highlights every night I am so on edge.  Another huge game but really for the past month they have all been huge.

:yeah:

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on March 24, 2012, 02:54:09 AM
I think we have a happy lawyer on board...

Wish I could have watched the game :)

Not entirely happy - they needed a clean two point win, since they're chasing Washington in the standings.  An OT win means they only gain 1 point on the Caps.

But glad to see the urgency by the Jets.  Also very, very cool to see the scoresheet - Maxwell and Machacek are two recent AHL call-ups, and Stapleton has been on the fourth line or press box all year.  It was also great that since those guys were going, Noel gave up on "rolling four lines" - instead he was double-shifting his fourth line. :lol:

Lets see if they can keep it up in Nashville tonight.  Back to backs have been deadly to the Jets so far this year.

Barrister

So let's see - Jets need to make up 4 points on both Washington and Buffalo over the next 8 games (thankfully they do have a game in hand over both teams). Hmm... it can be done, but it also means they are not masters of their own fate.

They have won the season series against Washinton and Buffalo, so they have that tiebreaker.

Barrister

Oh crap - stupid CBC - I don't think I can watch this one except for online. :rolleyes:

Sophie Scholl

Another solid win for the Sabres.  Thank Hod they've come around.  I missed being able to enjoy winning hockey. :thumbsup:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 24, 2012, 08:57:13 PM
Another solid win for the Sabres.  Thank Hod they've come around.  I missed being able to enjoy winning hockey. :thumbsup:

:mad:

Jets lose, and Sabres win.

It is now clear to me - There Is No God.   :(