News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

wary of the Hodgson trade, but understand it. He's going to need a big salary and 2nd line time in a year or two. here's hoping the thugs got in return aren't as scared of Scott Thornton as the rest of the team.
:p

Zoupa

Thornton is easy to deal with. Hit him hard in the first ten minutes and he's a non factor the rest of the game. Dude s a pussy.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on February 29, 2012, 12:07:38 PM
stupid leafs <_<

Agreed.  The ONE TIME I was forced to root for the Leafs they couldn't do me the courtesy of beating the Panthers.

Tomorrow's game (Jets v Panthers) is huge.  Lose this and we'll never catch them for the division lead.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on February 29, 2012, 02:00:00 PM
wary of the Hodgson trade, but understand it. He's going to need a big salary and 2nd line time in a year or two. here's hoping the thugs got in return aren't as scared of Scott Thornton as the rest of the team.

Well, hopefully the Kassassin will make up for it.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on February 29, 2012, 03:18:23 PM
Quote from: HVC on February 29, 2012, 12:07:38 PM
stupid leafs <_<

Agreed.  The ONE TIME I was forced to root for the Leafs they couldn't do me the courtesy of beating the Panthers.

Tomorrow's game (Jets v Panthers) is huge.  Lose this and we'll never catch them for the division lead.
7-0 for Winnipeg... it's sad I can only (well, near-only) get the Canadians and the Senators games here.  It's a very close race to the 8th spot :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Florida delenda est.

Hopefully the Caps and Jets will be the two teams to come out of the division of suck.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

In other news, a very long and detailed interview with Gary Bettman.  The interview was made by a francophone journalist, from his tapes.  It was later re-tanslated in English by Sun News/Québécor pro translators.

The original French:
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/03/01/le-patron-saccroche-a-phoenix

The translated article:
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/01/bettman-talks-quebec-coyotes

Bottom line:
The NHL will do everything it can to keep the Coyotes in Pheonix.  If they have a prospective buyer in place, even if there's a 5% chance it will work, they will keep the team there yet one more year.
If, however, there's really no one coming forward, or if there's opposition from local groups or politicians that can't make the deal happen, than Quebec is next in line, according to the journalist's feelings.

Also, a nice interview with Gary Bettman, on a totally different subject:
The 3 mistakes Gary Bettman admit as NHL commissionner
Then it was Bettman's turn and ... well, our expectations were low. Gary Bettman admitting an error happens about as often as Gary Bettman receiving a standing ovation at the end of the Stanley Cup Final. He's the type of guy who gets asked about his character flaws in a job interview and replies "my biggest character flaw is not having tolerance for questions like that."
:D

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

That game was:

AWESOME!!!111 :punk: :punk: :punk:

Best part of the game?

The first 5 on 1 I've ever seen.   :cool:

viper37

I look forward to seeing them in the playoffs.  Might be the last year they'll be in the Eastern division :)

PRC

Quote from: viper37 on March 02, 2012, 05:29:57 PM
Might be the last year they'll be in the Eastern division :)

...not to mention the playoffs!

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on March 02, 2012, 05:29:57 PM
I look forward to seeing them in the playoffs.  Might be the last year they'll be in the Eastern division :)

Can't get ahead of ourselves yet.  The Jets have 2-3 fewer games remaining than anyone else.  They might be in 8th place at the moment, but could easily slip out again by the time of their next game on Monday.  Playoffs are far from guaranteed.

But the best enws is that they'll definitely be "in the hunt" when I see them live in Calgary in a week.   :cool:

Jacob

Looks good for the Canucks so far :)

Zoupa

That 5 on 1 was one of the coolest moments I've seen in hockey  :lol:

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on March 02, 2012, 10:45:33 PM
That 5 on 1 was one of the coolest moments I've seen in hockey  :lol:

:cool:

Wasn't it?

On the Jets boards I frequent, the move was instantly labeled the "Flying W".   :lol:

Barrister

Hey HVC - your new coach of the Maple Leafs?

Dammit - I might have to start liking the Leafs.  But I'm not sure that's physically possible.  :hmm: