News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on February 15, 2012, 12:10:36 AM
The Jets need 4 points to make the playoffs, they have played to more games than the Caps... doesn't look good, but I'm hopeful for them :)

It'd be nice if they'd make the playoffs on their first year.  The fans deserve this one :)

It sure would've helped if they won last nights game.  They outshot the Isles, maybe even out-played them, but not enough for the win.  Perhaps payback for the Caps win, which they did not deserve to win.

The games in hand are what will kill them.  By points they aren't very far back, but they've played 2-3 games more than teams they're righting with.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Dammit - games like that are what make sports worth watching.   :cool:

[Jets beat the Wild in the shootout 4-3]

Barrister

If you're interested, after tonight's games (Jets beat the Avs 5-1, Ducks defeat panthers 2-0), Winnipeg is now in 9th place in the standings, is tied with 8th place Toronto with 64 points each, and is only one back from Division leading Florida at 65 points.   :cool:

Unfurtunately they have played two more games than Toronto, and three more than Florida, but playoffs remain a real possibility.

Neil

The Jets will get in.  Otherwise, the playoffs will suck.  The Jets, Flames and Senators would at least give me some Canadian content.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on February 20, 2012, 12:30:11 AM
The Jets will get in.  Otherwise, the playoffs will suck.  The Jets, Flames and Senators would at least give me some Canadian content.

I wish I shared your certainty.

Because NHL playoffs have certainly sucked in some years.

katmai

:nelson:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on February 20, 2012, 12:33:23 AM

Yeah.  If all those teams didn't make it, then they would suck.  The only games worth watching would probably be the Rangers and maybe the Kings and Predators.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on February 20, 2012, 12:33:23 AM

the last year the Penguins won the cup, and the year after that were both excellent playoffs
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

The NHL playoffs have been quite fun lately. Especially in 2009.

You guys are crazy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 20, 2012, 12:55:49 PM
The NHL playoffs have been quite fun lately. Especially in 2009.

You guys are crazy.

Playoffs have sucked since the Detroit-Winnipeg series in 1996. :contract:

Well, the '03 Flames run was pretty fun.  :blush:

Jacob

The recent Canucks run have been plenty exciting.

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on February 20, 2012, 06:30:43 PM
The recent Canucks run have been plenty exciting.
In a bad way.  Watching the Canucks win is like watching the Nazis overrun Europe.

katmai

So Beeb are you ready for the Seattle Coyotes?

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on February 20, 2012, 06:36:01 PM
So Beeb are you ready for the Seattle Coyotes?

Quebec City Coyotes you mean? :contract:

I kid - slightly.  I have no idea what will happen with the 'Yotes specifically.  Maybe they do wind up in Seattle.  But from everything I have read there WILL be an NHL franchise in Quebec City in the fairly near future.

katmai

Moving another franchise to Canada, don't be ridiculous!