News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 01, 2012, 09:55:07 AM
BB, do you know if there are any plans to expand the MTS centre beyond 15k capacity?

No plans.

It would be very expensive (on the order of tens of millions of dollars) to add what would instantly be the worst seats in the house.  TNSE would rather charge high prices for fewer tickets and make sure that every game becomes the biggest thing in town.  I did mention that when I was in Winnipeg over Christmas I couldn't get a ticket to a Jets game for love or money...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

The Bluejackets owner apologized for the shitty team. Gee thanks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 01, 2012, 10:14:10 AM
No seats for the Plebs :(

Sure there are.  You just have to pay the same ridiculous prices as everyone else.

It was also astonishing how the Jets logo was EVERYWHERE in Winnipeg.  It certainly wasn't like that in the early 90s.

katmai

Oh beeb your innocence is so adorable...
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quite the game eh Valmy? :D

I don't know if the Jets deserved that win, but at least they kept battling, and I'll definitely take those two points.  Also nice to see Kane and Byfuglien back on the scoresheet.  Neither had scored for awhile.

Zoupa

Full page ads in the papers today:

3 wins in a row. PRAISE THE LORD!

Zoupa

Prions means let's pray, for our resident francophobes. Not the nasty shit you get from mad cow's disease.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on February 09, 2012, 10:23:24 PM

I don't know if the Jets deserved that win, but at least they kept battling, and I'll definitely take those two points.  Also nice to see Kane and Byfuglien back on the scoresheet.  Neither had scored for awhile.

It was sorta fun.

But at this point the only silver lining for this season is knowing that getting booted out of the playoffs early is not so bad when you are the 8th seed.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Prayer is what it would take.  Ten points back with 30 games to play isn't impossible, but it would be very difficult and there isn't much room for error.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

It was sorta fun.

But at this point the only silver lining for this season is knowing that getting booted out of the playoffs early is not so bad when you are the 8th seed.
Washington will win the SE.  How could they not?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on February 10, 2012, 09:43:12 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

It was sorta fun.

Washington will win the SE.  How could they not?

Well Florida is still leading it at the moment.

And there is that plucky little team from the prairies nobody is talking about...

But with the state of the SE at the moment it almost appears that you have to win the division or you don't make the playoffs.  Crazy.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on February 10, 2012, 09:44:49 AM
But with the state of the SE at the moment it almost appears that you have to win the division or you don't make the playoffs.  Crazy.

I know...what is this the NFL?

This season is so dissappointing I almost hope they do not make it...

Well not really but you know what I mean.  They have one of the best players in the world and just cannot get their shit together.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PRC

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 01, 2012, 10:15:53 AM
The Bluejackets owner apologized for the shitty team. Gee thanks.

I actually kinda feel bad for him.  I think he made some good moves before the season started and on paper it was looking like they would be competing for that 7-8th spot in the West.  Then Wisniewski gets the big suspension to start the season, Carter is apparently a big baby who can't suck it up and accept his fate, and the team shows to much faith in Steve Mason which has probably hurt them the most of all.  They should have traded for a goalie much earlier in the year because that's been their biggest problem.  Second biggest issue, in my mind, is that when they give up the first goal or two, they just give in completely and that speaks to a lack of leadership. 

viper37

The Jets need 4 points to make the playoffs, they have played to more games than the Caps... doesn't look good, but I'm hopeful for them :)

It'd be nice if they'd make the playoffs on their first year.  The fans deserve this one :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.