News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

It was a nice moment for Ovechkin who has not been up to his normal standard this year.

But yeah the Caps have not shut anybody out in two months, makes me wonder if the problem was Vokoun...but that would be too easy.  Probably just got lucky tonight and the Jets were unlucky.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Mike Milbury assaulted a 12 year old kid on the ice :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: HVC on December 16, 2011, 01:53:31 PM
Mike Milbury assaulted a 12 year old kid on the ice :lol:

Send him to Sheriff Shanahan
:p

Drakken

Jacques Martin is out, Habs' website reports he has been fired.

viper37

things will changed now.  The Habs will win the 'Cup this year, I'm sure.  It's not like they don't fire their coach every 2.5 years with no results, after all.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on December 17, 2011, 03:08:24 PM
things will changed now.  The Habs will win the 'Cup this year, I'm sure.  It's not like they don't fire their coach every 2.5 years with no results, after all.

I don't understand how you view Hockey. When the Nords come back, will you be this assholish to your team aswell?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 17, 2011, 09:54:52 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 17, 2011, 03:08:24 PM

I don't understand how you view Hockey. When the Nords come back, will you be this assholish to your team aswell?

Projecting myself on to Viper...

the Habs were never his team.  They were merely the team he happened to cheer for.

And I love that you phrase it "when the Nords come back". :showoff:  I see that I have blazed the trail, and people no longer doubt the re-emergence of hockey in the heartland.  :Canuck:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 17, 2011, 09:54:52 PM
As BB said, the Habs is not my team.  Why should I care what is happenning to them?

The Habs problem lies not with the coach, not even the GM.  It's the Habs philosophy at the the heart of the problem.

I wasn't assholish, I just pointed out that changing the coach will change nothing.  François Gagnon said the same in La Presse today.  Yet, he's a Habs fan.  And now, you have a unilingual head coach for your team...  I can't wait for the Habs bashing on Monday in the general media :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

See what I meant?
Different coach, same team, same result (French)

I wasn't assholish, I was only speaking the truth.  Don't blame me for that bro!

Grey Fox

Gagnon is a Sens fan.

Also you are assholish because you only do it with the Habs. Where were the snarky comments when Davis Payne lost his job or when Randy Carlyle did? Paul Maurice?

Also, I agree, of course Gestapo Gauthier should have been fired, really never promoted to GM.

What philosophy? the NHL is a league of me too cats, they all do the same thing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 19, 2011, 10:43:22 AM
Gagnon is a Sens fan.
Not when speaking on L'Antichambre ;)

Also you are assholish because you only do it with the Habs. Where were the snarky comments when Davis Payne lost his job or when Randy Carlyle did? Paul Maurice?
newsflash: I'm not a hockey expert.  I almost never watch a full game until February/March, unless I attend one live, and then it's more a question of the roadtrip than the actual game.

QuoteWhat philosophy? the NHL is a league of me too cats, they all do the same thing.
shunning young players of talent, aiming for the average guy, aiming for a spot in the playoffs rather than the cup itself, etc.
It worked in 1993, and it seems they're stuck there.  Where are the flamboyant attackers?  The offensive-defencemen relauching the attack with superb plays?  Where's the show?  Seeing the Habs play is boring.  They are slow and boring.  It's not Pittsburgh, it ain't San Jose, it ain't Edmonton.  It seems to me they always want veterans for a high price, thinking it will let them win the cup, like in 1993.  And each year since then, they fail.

And once again, it ain't my team.  My team was the Nordiques.  They are dead, so I have no team left, but I still hate the Habs.  And I'm happy at the suffering of Habs fans, just as they were happy of my suffering as a Nordiques fan  :yucky:

HVC

They have a anglo interm coach. I feel sorry for the guy
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Barrister

Chris Mason's new goalie pads. :punk:

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

doesn't make sense that his blocker and glove only have half planes.

HVC

My Company is raffling some box seats to the Leafs-Winnipeg game. If i win wanna be my guest BB :lol: