News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

The CBC.  Their belief that anybody is interested in the Leafs and the Canucks is as misguided as it is evil.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

In retrospect, I'm glad I'm not watching this game on the 46". :bleeding:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on December 10, 2011, 08:36:29 PM
The CBC.  Their belief that anybody is interested in the Leafs and the Canucks is as misguided as it is evil.

:nelson:

viper37

Went to see Ottawa vs Vancouver on saturday night.  Boring game, but nice trip.  3 Vancouver fans, and 3 Ottawa/Gatineau natives + me.  Had some time to see the family, so all in all, it was good. 

But the Sens lost 4-1.  It seems they forgot they were playing that night.  Vancouver barely made any effort either, but they scored.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zoupa

Quote from: viper37 on December 12, 2011, 10:09:44 PM
Went to see Ottawa vs Vancouver on saturday night.  Boring game, but nice trip.  3 Vancouver fans, and 3 Ottawa/Gatineau natives + me.  Had some time to see the family, so all in all, it was good. 

But the Sens lost 4-1.  It seems they forgot they were playing that night.  Vancouver barely made any effort either, but they scored.

Did you enjoy the gridlock to and from?  :bleeding:

Grey Fox

The worse coach in the modern NHL history is back. John Stevens is now LA's interim HC.

:bleeding:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on December 13, 2011, 12:46:49 AM
Quote from: viper37 on December 12, 2011, 10:09:44 PM

Did you enjoy the gridlock to and from?  :bleeding:
are you talking about traffic?  It wasn't so bad to get to the arena, only to come back, but we took our time, no hurry.  It ain't worst than driving out of Montreal in summer, a friday afternoon.

They really should think about having a tramway up there.  As it is, it apparentlys starts downtown and ends downtown.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Man what a disappointing season this has been so far.  They have plenty of time to turn it around but man...what a downer.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2011, 09:36:41 AM
Man what a disappointing season this has been so far.  They have plenty of time to turn it around but man...what a downer.

:console:

Your season isn't going to get any better on Thursday. :menace:

Another wild one in Winnipeg last night as the Jets down the West-leading Wild.   :cool:

But seriously Valmy - it all comes down to expectations, doesn't it.  Your Caps are all of one point behind my Jets, yet I think they're having a great season, while you think the Caps are having a terrible one.  The Caps are only two points out of a playoff berth - there's lots of hockey left to play.

Valmy

It is not just about standings and points, after all the Caps had a big winning streak to start the season so they are going to look decent in that department for a little while longer.  They just are a below par Hockey team right now.  I mean they got punked last night and are just giving up goals in bunches.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2011, 09:52:34 AM
It is not just about standings and points, after all the Caps had a big winning streak to start the season so they are going to look decent in that department for a little while longer.  They just are a below par Hockey team right now.  I mean they got punked last night and are just giving up goals in bunches.

Sorry - that's all the sympathy I can muster until after the Jets destroy your team on Thursday.   :cool:

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on December 14, 2011, 09:56:03 AM
Sorry - that's all the sympathy I can muster until after the Jets destroy your team on Thursday.   :cool:

Um they are 8-13-1 in their last 22 games.  Destroying them is not big accomplishment.  The Leafs beat them 7-1 FFS.

Barrister

So according to the CBC, what was the sports story of the year?

Do you really need to ask?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2011/12/15/sp-2011-storyofyear-winnipegjets.html

Barrister

Grats Valmy. :mad:

That game was hard to take when it comes down to a goal in the last minute and a half.  I certainly don't take the Caps lightly, but at home, against a team that has struggled recently and is in your division - those are the games you need to win in order to make the playoffs.