News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on October 27, 2011, 08:03:18 AM
The important thing here people is that the Washington Caps are continuing their victory march through the NHL in Edmonton tonight.
You know, they could go 82-0 and would still get bounced in the first round of the playoffs.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on October 27, 2011, 01:55:04 PM
You know, they could go 82-0 and would still get bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

That is why I am trying to make the most of this :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Did I mention I got a front row Ticket to Saturday's Leaf Game?   :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on October 27, 2011, 01:55:51 PM
Did I mention I got a front row Ticket to Saturday's Leaf Game?   :)
You didn't, but since they're the Leafs, I'm sure it won't be entertaining.  The Leafs are the assassins of joy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

I was going to try to take my brother in law and father in law to the Redwings- Blue Jackets game Tuesday night but they decided they didn't want to do the 2 hour drive up & back from Columbus.  Which sucks, because it turned out to be a good game (for the Blue Jackets anyway) & at one point I could have gotten tickets for as cheap as $6 apiece on Stubhub.

I may try to take Tommy up for his first NHL game when Toronto comes to town Nov. 3.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 27, 2011, 02:14:15 PM
I was going to try to take my brother in law and father in law to the Redwings- Blue Jackets game Tuesday night but they decided they didn't want to do the 2 hour drive up & back from Columbus.  Which sucks, because it turned out to be a good game (for the Blue Jackets anyway) & at one point I could have gotten tickets for as cheap as $6 apiece on Stubhub.

I may try to take Tommy up for his first NHL game when Toronto comes to town Nov. 3.

Try a minor league game. He'll like the fights and cheap shots.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

So I went and got NHL Centre Ice.   :homestar:

And proceeded to watch the strangest game I've seen in a long time.  Final score was Jets 9, Flyers 8.  There were 4 lead changes, 3 goalie pulls, and two 4 goal leads blown by the Jets, until they finally pulled it out in the end. :wacko:

But as my first principal told me during articling "a win is a win".  So I'll take this win as a possible good omen to this 7 game road trip.

:cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Well, so much for the Capitals.

Barrister

Apparently the Jets-Philly game was the highest scoring game since the lockout.   :cool:

It was at least a good game to watch live.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on October 27, 2011, 11:07:55 PM
Well, so much for the Capitals.

Crap I was watching the Rangers choke away the World Series championship so I did not stream it.  This is what happens when I miss a game.  Fuck.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Another nice win by the Jets, who are really turning it on during this road trip.   :cool:

Neil

Barrister

Jets come back from a 2-0 deficit to send it into OT.

Of course they lose in OT, but still a gutsy show by the boys from the Peg.

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on November 05, 2011, 07:40:05 PM
Leafs suck.

You can say that again. That was bad. Glad I had front row $460 tickets to last week's game.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011