News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 13, 2011, 09:53:18 AM
Not giving the opposition free entry in your own zone will help. Pavelec isn't god, gotta give him a chance.

Absolutely.  They played terrible defence against Montreal - even I could see that.  I don't think anyone was blaming that performance on Pavelec (though an elite goaltender wouldn't have let in all 5 of those).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

You win this round CCR. But we'll be back!

Jets looked, well, better.  (I only really saw the third period).  More offence, not as terrible on defence (but still not good), and Pavelec made some very nice saves.

We'll see.  I'm pretty sure Scheifele is being sent back to junior, which is probably for the best.

Neil

Pavelec looked pretty good, but needs more help from his team.  The fourth goal was pretty soft, but I it was one of those goals that you could see coming because the Jets just weren't controlling the puck.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

C.C.R.

Hawks played a pretty shitty game.  Emery let in some soft goals, the defense chased around their own zone too much & Carcillo annoys me -- he needs to STFU & play.  Sit his ass down, show him tape of what he did during the Hossa goal & tell him "More of THIS & less yapping, please."

Or something.  I had to turn the game off after the second period & go to bed, so I didn't see the third...

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

They say it's class less & shamefull. I say it's awesome. Hockey is a game of intimidation.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 14, 2011, 08:50:48 AM
They say it's class less & shamefull. I say it's awesome. Hockey is a game of intimidation.

Indeed
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Dude lost a tooth.  :yuk:

But, he did get in the first 4-5 shots.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2011, 09:40:29 AM
Dude lost a tooth.  :yuk:

But, he did get in the first 4-5 shots.

Hockey players lose tooth all the time. Couple of year ago Eric Belanger lost 7 in the incident, less then a month after having his mouth rebuilt.

Barrister

And I say fighting should be banned in hockey.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2011, 09:52:22 AM

But...but....the 1976 Philadelphia Flyers!

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Seriously.  I don't know how much hockey media you get in Texas Valmy, but the big topic up here has been: with all the emphasis on protecting players and reducing/eliminating hits to the head, the question is been 'so why are hits to the head so completely dangerous, but the league seems to be fine with repeated punches to the head'?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2011, 09:52:22 AM

And I agree with that. I'm just saying tauting isn't bad.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2011, 09:58:21 AM
Seriously.  I don't know how much hockey media you get in Texas Valmy, but the big topic up here has been: with all the emphasis on protecting players and reducing/eliminating hits to the head, the question is been 'so why are hits to the head so completely dangerous, but the league seems to be fine with repeated punches to the head'?

No I agree it has to be eliminated.  For some reason I find the pure over-the-top absurdity of the 1970s Flyers hilarious.  I mean how was that ever allowed to happen?

As for how much Hockey Media I get in Texas well...if ESPN doesn't report it I don't see it.  The Stars could win the Cup (and they have) and it might warrant a backpage mention in a Texas paper or a few minutes on Texas sports radio.