News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on September 21, 2011, 09:18:24 AM
Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays.

No expensive consumerist crap.  Just a big meal and family and friends.
To me, it's another theoritical day off like Labour's day.  I know there's a special mass, but I never attended it.  Even my mom, very religious, never insisted that we went to Church for Thanksgiving.

Christmas may be a consumerist crappy holyday, but it's the only time of the year I can see my family (cousins, aunt&uncles) almost all at once.

QuoteAnd the Winnipeg Jets. :)
Still too early for hockey :P
I'm not getting excited about hockey until march ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Thanksgiving isn't a religious holiday though.  :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Ok, I have to admit, all the stories about opening night in Winnipeg were... heartwarming.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 21, 2011, 11:07:56 AM
Ok, I have to admit, all the stories about opening night in Winnipeg were... heartwarming.

And of course that wasn't even the real opening night.   :cool:

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on September 21, 2011, 11:06:52 AM
Thanksgiving isn't a religious holiday though.  :huh:
Did that ever stop the religious type?
I remember being in Church around Thanksgiving day for a funeral, and the Church was decorated for the Thanksgiving.  IIRC, the priest made a speech about thanking the Lord for the harvest season, showing the pumpkins and other vegetables and insisting there would a be a special celebration on Thanksgiving, or maybe just a special Sunday mass.  But there was something special, that much I remember.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on September 21, 2011, 08:14:11 AM
But I'm not aware of any Québécois family gathering together over a turkey on Thanksgiving.  Even in Ontario, I don't think Franco-Ontarians celebrate it the way you do, but I could be wrong.
The enclaves in Alberta celebrate Action de grace.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

the assimilation is worst thant I tought :(

Barrister

Apparently there was a peak audience of 490,000 for the Jets pre-season split-squad game against Columbus.

That's even more amazing when you consider it's a regional game shown only in Saskatchewan, Manitoba and NW Ontario, and is only available in 500,000 homes.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=376528

Barrister

I am a happy camper tonight.

though a few games were available on the internet, I finally got to watch my very first Winnipeg Jets game, start to finish.  Holy Fuck were those Winnipeg fans insane for a pre-season game.  This was one of those times when I love my home town. :wub:

I can't wait for October 9th.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2011, 11:10:40 PM
I am a happy camper tonight.

though a few games were available on the internet, I finally got to watch my very first Winnipeg Jets game, start to finish.  Holy Fuck were those Winnipeg fans insane for a pre-season game.  This was one of those times when I love my home town. :wub:

I can't wait for October 9th.

Small "loud" arenas make for good hockey.
:p

Valmy

Oh yeah.  You should have heard the radio show Beeb linked me up to when the move was official.

So glad for the Jets.  Still hope the Caps crush them though.  Real fans can take it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2011, 01:54:57 PM

Oh yeah.  You should have heard the radio show Beeb linked me up to when the move was official.

So glad for the Jets.  Still hope the Caps crush them though.  Real fans can take it.

If you can tear yourself away from the Redskins, you should tune in on October 9th.  CBC live streams all of its games.  First regular season game - this will be the one with some ceremonies, the fancy pre-game launch, the Prime Minister.  It'll be one to remember.

Neil

You know, they're still waiting to charge people for the Vancouver riot, and at this point, what's the point?  Countless millions of dollars will end up being spent, and for what?  Some suspended sentences and a few hours of community service?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2011, 02:17:09 PM
If you can tear yourself away from the Redskins, you should tune in on October 9th.  CBC live streams all of its games.  First regular season game - this will be the one with some ceremonies, the fancy pre-game launch, the Prime Minister.  It'll be one to remember.

That should not be hard since that is the Redskins' off week.  I will check it out if I can.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on October 02, 2011, 07:47:15 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2011, 02:17:09 PM

That should not be hard since that is the Redskins' off week.  I will check it out if I can.

I'm not sure if CBC's live streams are blocked for US IPs, but they do livestream all their games.  If you know the way of the :pirate: I'm sure you can find a way around that.

Like I said - it should be epic.