NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PRC

Brutal summer for hockey.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

C.C.R.

Quote from: Barrister on September 06, 2011, 11:20:39 AM
So... putting your own name on a jersey: yay or nay?

:unsure:

I say "yay."  Players come & players go, but you're always you - unless you decide to change your name to Miguel Sanchez & go into hiding or some fucking thing...

:ccr

Barrister

Quote from: C.C.R. on September 07, 2011, 08:31:11 PM

I say "yay."  Players come & players go, but you're always you - unless you decide to change your name to Miguel Sanchez & go into hiding or some fucking thing...

See, that's what I was thinking.  Who knows who might still be around in 5 years from this current Jets crew.  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on September 07, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

See, that's what I was thinking.  Who knows who might still be around in 5 years from this current Jets crew.  :)

That's why you can't go wrong getting a name of a player from the storied past or even a current player who has already cemented their legacy in team lore.

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on September 08, 2011, 11:00:33 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 07, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

That's why you can't go wrong getting a name of a player from the storied past or even a current player who has already cemented their legacy in team lore.

But that brings back the somewhat awkward situation of being a fan of a team that hasn't played a game in 15 years, and technically isn't the same team at all as from it's 'storied past'.

I certainly could go out and get a new Hawerchuk jersey - except Ducky never played in these unis.  But at least I wouldn't have to worry about my jersey being out of date as a result of a trade... :hmm:

Zoupa

I got a Lapierre jersey early last season.  :glare:

I have another with no names on it though.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on September 06, 2011, 02:33:46 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2011, 01:54:22 PM
That's it. I am getting a Guy Lafleur Maple Leafs sweater.
Just don't visit Montreal with that, you'll start a riot or something.

I think people would respond more with 'WTF?' than violence :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Can't... resist... mixture of... two favourite topics...

(other dude is a nobody Winipeg Conservative MP)

Barrister

I'm trying to decide if my next avatar should be that pic of Jets Steve, or my son. :hmm:

And the "Jets" take to the ice for the very first time since 1996 TONIGHT!  Jets rookies will play Sharks rookies at a tournament in BC.  I usually mock those who watch pre-season games, and this is more like pre-pre-season, yet I am still tempted to tune in... :ph34r:

Ed Anger

I'll be sure to mock you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Dear God BB. I can get, though with disdain, the "jets" hyper fascination and overall jubilance, but getting excited about the a pre-season rookie match? for shame! You're better then this 
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Getting excited about hockey is never a bad thing. But those rookie games are atrocious.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.