And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on September 01, 2011, 04:08:33 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 01, 2011, 04:06:10 PM
Also, on that frame 40lbs is not much to lose once he decides to get back into shape.
well, his first game in in 19 days...

He probably wont decide to get back into shape until he is traded away....

PRC

It didn't take long for the Jets to gain a reputation as a team with "Out of Control" players...

Neil

Quote from: PRC on September 01, 2011, 04:10:13 PM
It didn't take long for the Jets to gain a reputation as a team with "Out of Control" players...
I disagree.  Have they had a single player charged with a serious crime?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on September 01, 2011, 03:27:32 PM
And apparently he was arrested by County Sheriffs (not Fish Cops), and on arrest he weighed in at 286lb. :o  He was listed at 245lb last year. :pinch:
It's not uncommon for players to be above their listed weight, especially in the offseason.  I'd be surprised if he played at 245.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

The Winnipeg Bengals.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 01, 2011, 04:49:58 PM

The Winnipeg Bengals.

The Bengals have lots of players arrested for boating while intoxicated? :blink:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on September 01, 2011, 04:58:10 PM

The Winnipeg Bengals.

The Bengals have lots of players arrested for boating while intoxicated? :blink:

If they had to play in Winnipeg they would.

Ed Anger

The Winnipeg Bengals.

Ok, Marti.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

In happier news, the new jerseys will be announced on Tuesday, at a news conference at 17 Wing, CFB Winnipeg.  :yeah:

In the mean time, he's a picture of the Jets hockey pants. :nerd:

PRC

I listened to the "Flames Town Hall" on radio tonight.  It was Jay Feaster and his Master Ken King answering questions from Flames season ticketholders.  Here is a sample of the questions:

Robyn Regehr traded.. why!?
To get rid of Alex Kotalik and his salary (CHEERS).

Why did you say you're against no trade / no movement clause and you gave Curtis Glencross one?
Because Glencross accepted a massive home town discount to stay and the cost of that discount was a no trade clause (RESERVED SILENCE).

Why don't you adopt the "tear it down and rebuild strategy that Edmonton, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Washington have undergone in recent years"
Laughs... Feaster and his Flames overlords are obviously jaded and cynical about this questions.  They answer: Where did Edmonton finish last year!?  They were bottom feeders.  Being a team that gets a high draft pick means you suck.  We're not that team, we're a playoff team.  That was essentially the Flames brass answer which I think is hubris and bullshit - the Flames brass only referenced the Oilers in answering this question they never acknowledged that the Capitals have been a draft built team, the Blackhawks or the Penguins.  This leads me to believe that the Flames brass are full of shit and have no idea what they're doing.  Expect another 3-6 years of shitty Flames teams people. (TOTAL DISBELIEF).  The Flames suck.  They will finish 15th in the West.. possibly lower next season.

viper37

With the new draft system, it's not automatic that they get 1st pick while finishing last.
They have more chances for sure, but it's not a given.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

The Winnipeg Bengals.

Dude...Cedric Benson I just said it a few posts ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

RIP Wade Belak. Wasn't the best player, but he had heart and seems like a genuinly nice guy.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Sidney Crosby won't be starting the season just yet, and Marc Savard is out of commission for the entire season.

The NHL will have to acknowledge they have a problem, sooner than later.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2011, 07:51:30 AM

The Winnipeg Bengals.

Dude...Cedric Benson I just said it a few posts ago.

Huh.  We'll I'll be.