News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Danke.

I do hate giving up draft picks though, even 4th rounders.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

He is the 3rd and 4th line grind it out guy. In other words, the suckasses I don't want to play in a video game. I want to hit somebody with Ovechkin at Warp 5.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 08, 2011, 04:41:04 PM
He is the 3rd and 4th line grind it out guy. In other words, the suckasses I don't want to play in a video game. I want to hit somebody with Ovechkin at Warp 5.

Yeah, well lets be honest the Jets don't have an Ovechkin-like player, and aren't likely to get one.  So right now they're trying to fill out the roster with a bunch of grit and character guys.  You know - typical Manitoba boys.   :cool:

It still seems surreal to be talking about player trades.  I used to read the business pages for Jets news, not the sports pages.   :cry:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on July 08, 2011, 04:45:31 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 08, 2011, 04:41:04 PM

Yeah, well lets be honest the Jets don't have an Ovechkin-like player, and aren't likely to get one.  So right now they're trying to fill out the roster with a bunch of grit and character guys.  You know - typical Manitoba boys.   :cool:

It still seems surreal to be talking about player trades.  I used to read the business pages for Jets news, not the sports pages.   :cry:

I'll be sure to pulverize the Jets in NHL '12. Just for you.  :)

I'll create a super line of Ovechkin, Backstrom and Rick Nash and cream the digital version of your team. Then unleash a pest line of Lucic, Carcillo and Cooke and beat the living shit out of them in fights.

I CAN'T WAIT.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Oh, you KNOW I'm buying NHL 12.

And I'll be sure to pulverize the Blue Jackets.  Just for you.   :menace:

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on July 08, 2011, 04:34:47 PM
Danke.

I do hate giving up draft picks though, even 4th rounders.

Hey you got a former 1st rounder for him.  If he works out you will not miss that pick.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

I think it's a very good trade for both sides.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Okay, so I'm not predicting anything, but...

Understandably on my Jets message board the topic of conversation was at first about the Jets returning, then what they would be called, and now what the unis / logo would look like.  There has now been a fair bit of chatter from a few people who have claimed they have seen them.  The description was the colours were red, blue and silver, with the logo looking like the RCAF roundel (red maple leaf surrounded by a blue circle), but with a silver jet superimposed on it.

Based on these decriptions, a few people have made mock-ups, of which this is probably the best:

I gotta say that if these rumorus are true, and presuming it's more professionally done than this amateur effort, that basic look would be amazing (and a million times better than the clunky Jets logos of the past).

Grey Fox

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 18, 2011, 10:21:36 AM
Great, more blue.

Supposedly the dominant colour of the uniform is red.  Which is hardly under-represented either.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on July 18, 2011, 10:26:46 AM
Great, more blue.

Supposedly the dominant colour of the uniform is red.  Which is hardly under-represented either.

True but there's too much Black & Blue. The NHL needs more Green & Yellow.

Nashville did the NHL a great service by making it's home jersey's yellow.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 18, 2011, 10:31:43 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 18, 2011, 10:26:46 AM
Great, more blue.

True but there's too much Black & Blue. The NHL needs more Green & Yellow.

Nashville did the NHL a great service by making it's home jersey's yellow.

Except those uniforms are ugly. :bleeding:

The Moose used green uniforms, but while green works well for a team called the Moose, it doesn't work at all for a team called the Jets.

Grey Fox

Those uniforms are different & that's all that counts.

Neil

They're not horribly ugly, and they'll come back into fashion.

The current trend in professional sports where any uniform that isn't black, white, red or blue is unacceptable is a temporary thing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 18, 2011, 10:37:56 AM
Those uniforms are different & that's all that counts.

Uh, no.

What counts is that a uniform looks good, and that people want to buy the jerseys.  Thinking that looking "different" was all that mattered leads to this: