NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2011, 02:48:35 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2011, 02:47:10 PM
Also, I'd like to say goodbye to Nikita Filatov, who I predict will disappoint Sens fans.

Goodbye, you useless fuck.

Is it just me, or is Columbus going "all in" on this next season, betting that improved performance will lead to a profitable team, but taking almost everything out of the cupboard to do it?

Yep. That and 34-35-whatever records isn't going to cut it much longer in Columbus.

I'll make a prediction: If the Bluejackets don't consistently make the playoffs over the next 3-5 years, the team is out of there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

So they will be the Winnipeg jets 3.0?

PRC

Quote from: katmai on July 04, 2011, 03:12:56 PM
Heatley for Havlat. :unsure:

Good deal for the Sharks, Heatley is a whiner, is not the player he once was and is also prone to disappearing when the going gets tough.

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on July 04, 2011, 03:18:07 PM

Losers aren't welcome. Quebec city can have them if they don't produce.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2011, 03:21:23 PM

Jets aren't going anywhere - we made the mistake of letting them go once already.   :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2011, 03:22:55 PM

Jets aren't going anywhere - we made the mistake of letting them go once already.   :hug:

I was talking about the Blujackets. Not everything is about the Thrashers.  :rolleyes:

katmai

Quote from: PRC on July 04, 2011, 03:20:52 PM
Quote from: katmai on July 04, 2011, 03:12:56 PM
Heatley for Havlat. :unsure:

Good deal for the Sharks, Heatley is a whiner, is not the player he once was and is also prone to disappearing when the going gets tough.
Yeah that is what I've been reading so far.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2011, 03:25:06 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2011, 03:22:55 PM

I was talking about the Blujackets. Not everything is about the Thrashers.  :rolleyes:

Hey - I even made a comment about CBJ just a few minutes ago! :o

Havlat-Heatley is taking two underperforming players and swaping them to see if a change of scenery improves them.  It's not a bad idea at all.

Ed Anger

Heatley is that asshole that killed his team mate, correct?

katmai

Yes el jefe.

And Heatley was doing well in 2 regular seasons. But woefully lacking these last two playoffs production wise.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2011, 03:33:59 PM
Heatley is that asshole that killed his team mate, correct?

Dan Snyder, while both were with Atlanta.

Barrister

I'm not posting every last off-season move the Jets make, but I thought I'd post this to see if Valmy had any info:

QuoteJets Acquire Fehr from CapsSend Paquette, pick back to Washington.Friday, 08.07.2011 / 4:57 PM / News Articles The Winnipeg Jets are pleased to announce today they have acquired forward Eric Fehr from the Washington Capitals in exchange for forward Danick Paquette and Winnipeg's fourth-round pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.

Fehr, 25, played in 52 games for the Washington Capitals last season, collecting 20 points (10g, 10a) and 16 penalty minutes. In six seasons with the Washington Capitals, the Winkler, MB native totaled 93 points (46g, 47a) and 78 penalty minutes in 230 NHL games. Fehr has also played in the Stanley Cup Playoffs in each of the past four seasons with the Capitals, scoring six points (5g, 1a) in 26 postseason games.

Fehr played his entire junior career in his home province with the Western Hockey League's Brandon Wheat Kings where he scored 277 points (146g, 131) in 275 games over four full seasons.

Fehr was originally drafted by the Washington Capitals in the first round, 18th overall, in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=568930&navid=DL|WPG|home

Always nice to get a local boy to play for the home team.   :cool:

But anyways V - know anything about this guy?

Valmy

Fahr is injury prone and has never lived up to his vast potential.  Probably best for Fehr he was going nowhere in Washington.  I had kind of given up on him to be honest.  Maybe a change of scenery will help him.

I am: very happy with this move.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Fehr is the guy I benched when I played a NHL '10 Capitals season. His pixel version sucked.