And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on June 09, 2011, 10:05:56 AM
:cry:
it's got to be tough being a Canucks fan.  But I'm still confident they'll win #5 and #7.  :)  Nothing is lost yet.  Luongo looks really, really, really tired though.  It's not just a question of mental prepartion, the guy needs rests ASAP.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Quote from: viper37 on June 09, 2011, 01:35:24 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 09, 2011, 10:05:56 AM
:cry:
it's got to be tough being a Canucks fan.  But I'm still confident they'll win #5 and #7.  :)  Nothing is lost yet.  Luongo looks really, really, really tired though.  It's not just a question of mental prepartion, the guy needs rests ASAP.

When they almost throw away a 3-0 series lead, but manages to win in OT in game 7 you can't let yourself give up hope. On the other hand, when a 3-0 series lead is almost thrown away and you get to watch blowouts like game 3 vs the Bruins it's hard to ever feel confident.

Zoupa

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 09, 2011, 01:03:01 PM
Those two games have really turned me off hockey.  Can anyone explain why slashing and crosschecking are penalized in the regular season but not in the playoffs.  Does the league really want to go back to the days when the team with the biggest goons often won the game?

I thought MTL fans were the only ones EVAH to bitch about refereeing??

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on June 09, 2011, 04:18:36 PM
Those two games have really turned me off hockey.  Can anyone explain why slashing and crosschecking are penalized in the regular season but not in the playoffs.  Does the league really want to go back to the days when the team with the biggest goons often won the game?

He's bitching about how they called the game against both teams.

Habs fans always thinks the refs are out to get them.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Habs fans molest dogs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

Quote from: Barrister on June 09, 2011, 04:24:03 PM

That's because the refs are out to get us  :sleep:

In any case, that kind of "old time hockey" bullshit reffing clearly advantages the Bruins. I don't know if that's what's intended or not, but whatever. The NHL will remain a sub-par league with reffing that is not consistent. No matter what time is on the clock, no matter which period it is, no matter the players involved, no matter if it's an exhibition game in september or 3rd overtime in game 7 of the cup finals. A hook is a hook, a dive a dive.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 09, 2011, 04:28:09 PM
Habs fans molest dogs.

Isn't that just raising them right?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on June 09, 2011, 12:20:24 PM
Buddha, Neil is basing his opinions on what people post on the internet and his own imagination, not on what fans in Vancouver actually say and do.
Don't you remember the hate for Cloutier?  Or were you not in country yet?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on June 09, 2011, 04:36:57 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 09, 2011, 04:24:03 PM

That's because the refs are out to get us  :sleep:

In any case, that kind of "old time hockey" bullshit reffing clearly advantages the Bruins. I don't know if that's what's intended or not, but whatever. The NHL will remain a sub-par league with reffing that is not consistent. No matter what time is on the clock, no matter which period it is, no matter the players involved, no matter if it's an exhibition game in september or 3rd overtime in game 7 of the cup finals. A hook is a hook, a dive a dive.

In this, I completely agree with you.  I didn't watch game 3, but game 4 was almost embarassing to watch.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on June 09, 2011, 05:26:51 PMDon't you remember the hate for Cloutier?  Or were you not in country yet?

That was before I started paying attention to hockey, I think. I remember the name and vague rumblings, but that's about it.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

The NHL will remain a sub-par league with reffing that is not consistent.

Well it has been a major stain on the NBA that is for sure.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on June 09, 2011, 05:26:51 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 09, 2011, 12:20:24 PM
Buddha, Neil is basing his opinions on what people post on the internet and his own imagination, not on what fans in Vancouver actually say and do.
Don't you remember the hate for Cloutier?  Or were you not in country yet?

I remember that, small loud minority. kind of like you.
:p

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on June 09, 2011, 10:25:01 PM
The NHL will remain a sub-par league with reffing that is not consistent.

Well it has been a major stain on the NBA that is for sure.

The big difference is that refs in the NHL are not calling the equivalent of someone throwing a punch in the NBA.

PRC

I still believe the Canucks will win... but man they sure don't make it easy.