News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

The Manitoba Polar Bears can fuck off, we got a game to play.  Canucks will win tonight.

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on June 08, 2011, 02:41:36 PM
The Manitoba Polar Bears can fuck off, we got a game to play.  Canucks will win tonight.

???

Best of luck to you guys, but signing a new GM is fairly big news in the hockey world as well.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on June 08, 2011, 02:43:25 PM
???

Best of luck to you guys, but signing a new GM is fairly big news in the hockey world as well.

Sorry, I'm just excited, you're right it is big news. 

I hear he is a good pick-up, still i'm surprised they let Dudley go.  Wonder if he wanted a deal like Burke, no ownership interference on hockey decisions or something like and so Dudley had to go because the owners intend to interfere Charles Wang style.  That 4 year deal on the books kind of hurts when you're in a tight money situation.

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on June 08, 2011, 02:47:01 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 08, 2011, 02:43:25 PM
???

Sorry, I'm just excited, you're right it is big news. 

I hear he is a good pick-up, still i'm surprised they let Dudley go.  Wonder if he wanted a deal like Burke, no ownership interference on hockey decisions or something like and so Dudley had to go because the owners intend to interfere Charles Wang style.  That 4 year deal on the books kind of hurts when you're in a tight money situation.

At the time Dudley was signed I thought Atlanta must have consulted with Winnipeg, but obviously not.  Apparently his contract was a point of contention in the sales negotiation, and Atlanta may be on the hook for his salary.  I do know his buyout is being paid over 8 years.

True North and Dudley did sit down and have a meeting.  Apparently True North was interested in keeping him in the organization, but Dudley was only interested in being GM (and perhaps with significant power).  Friedman reported it was a short meeting because they quickly realized they didn't want the same things.

Whoever is the GM will have to work very closely with Craig Heisenger.  I don't know if that is ownership interference, but I don't think Chevy will have unlimited freedom either.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Vancouver's goonery isn't paying off.  Since they don't have any heart, and Boston is so much tougher than they are, they're having serious problems.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Stupid Vancouver trying isn't even trying to run the goalie they're just attacking him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: Neil on June 08, 2011, 09:55:04 PM
Stupid Vancouver trying isn't even trying to run the goalie they're just attacking him.
and he's the wrong goalie to try to piss off becasue he seems to play better when mad and he hits back lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Neil

Quote from: HVC on June 08, 2011, 09:59:55 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 08, 2011, 09:55:04 PM
and he's the wrong goalie to try to piss off becasue he seems to play better when mad and he hits back lol
No kidding.  Burrows almost got knocked the fuck out.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Hah. Harper took a military jet to get himself, his daughter and a minister down to Boston to watch game 4. Yay austerity measures

Ed Anger

Harper Timmayed the Canucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: HVC on June 09, 2011, 07:03:34 AM
Hah. Harper took a military jet to get himself, his daughter and a minister down to Boston to watch game 4. Yay austerity measures
We're not really doing those.

Besides, he just wanted to make sure that the Canucks choked.  A city that votes NDP doesn't deserve the Cup.

Valmy

I really appreciate Vancouver doing this beautiful tribute to the Capitals  :cry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

This one's for CC   :D

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011