News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

that game had most of the things I hate about hockey.

Why the league doesnt stop goonery in the game is beyond me.  Perhaps they are trying to appeal to the UFC crowd.

viper37

The Bruins are doomed.
«Ce qui est encourageant, c'est que nous avons enfin pu percer le mystère que représentait (Roberto) Luongo et avons trouvé une façon de marquer contre lui. Alors ça fait certainement du bien à notre confiance.»

Partial translation:
At last, we cracked the Luongo mistery and we have found a way to score against him.

I remembersome Nordiques players or coach saying that against Patrick Roy in 1993...  Didn't end well.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2011, 10:38:17 PM

Why the league doesnt stop goonery in the game is beyond me.  Perhaps they are trying to appeal to the UFC crowd.
If they did that, what else would the Canucks have?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Just a blip. Gotta give the Bruins something to play for.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2011, 04:03:56 PM
The real issue will be whether they can get all these season ticket holders to renew after a few losing seasons have passed and the euphoria has died down.

Why wouldn't they?  What the hell else is there to do in Winnipeg?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2011, 09:18:34 AM
The real issue will be whether they can get all these season ticket holders to renew after a few losing seasons have passed and the euphoria has died down.

How does Toronto do it?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

:mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Ouch.

That's the kind of thing you get with the Canucks, though. Hopefully they'll pull themselves together and not collapse.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on June 07, 2011, 06:26:12 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 06, 2011, 10:38:17 PM

If they did that, what else would the Canucks have?

skill. They suck at goonery (as shown in last night's game,their attempts to play the "bruin game" did not work out... at all.) I'm not sure why you keep on with that. I still thought it was a decent game heading to the 3rd, even with the 'nucks down 4 zip. the hockey was good on Boston's side at least. the 3rd was just all ugly crap.

The Bruins just figured out what Nashville & Chicago knew, that the Canucks can be "gotten to" interestingly as pointed out by the commentators in ways that, Boston as a franchise  is legendary for, namely getting under the skin of the other team, letting guys like Thornton ramp up the stupidity until he (and some from the other team) get ejected. it is "old time hockey" but the Canucks are crap at  that... the Canucks are a new time hockey team, skill, speed, and some solid hitting but not the goon stuff.

more eveidence is the Rome hit. if he was a real goon it wouldn't have been late. it was simply reckless, and I do think it warrants a suspension. (a game)
:p

Ed Anger

I'm hoping Lucic maims a Sedin.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 07, 2011, 11:23:40 AM
I'm not sure why you keep on with that.
So long as there are no-skill, high-cheapness players like Torres, Kessler, Bieksa and Burroughs on the team, I will continue to accuse the team of goonery.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on June 07, 2011, 11:32:47 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 07, 2011, 11:23:40 AM
I'm not sure why you keep on with that.
So long as there are no-skill, high-cheapness players like Torres, Kessler, Bieksa and Burroughs on the team, I will continue to accuse the team of goonery.

Burrows is the Tikanen of the team, every team needs a Tikanen. Kesler and Bieksa are highly skilled, Torres well he's a guy you want on your team, not the other team.

I really do not understand how anyone can actually hate a sports team or a city. to be honest about it. I don't have the energy to be a hockey lover, and a hockey hater. I dislike certain players, teams I guess, but when they play well I always give them props. If any team other than the Canucks were to win the cup I'd not mind if it was Boston for example. Lots of feel good stories on that team Lucic is from my neighborhood. Recchi is almost my age and still playing pretty good hockey, Thomas is a great goalie.

Chara on the other hand is over rated imo. his size goes a long way, but he's boring. I don't get the belittling of the other team stuff. usually what happens in a hockety game is that one team plays better than the other. Last night it's obvious the Bruins played better, and they'd played almost as good as the Canucks in the 1st two games. I predict the next game will also be hard fought, but there will be less gooning and more skill from both teams.
:p

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 07, 2011, 09:19:35 AM

How does Toronto do it?

Lots of corporate seats

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2011, 09:28:01 AM

:mad:

Um...what I meant to say was: what the hell else is there to do in Winnipeg superior to watching the glorious Winnipeg Jets.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 07, 2011, 11:41:57 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 07, 2011, 09:19:35 AM

How does Toronto do it?

Lots of corporate seats
Which kills the atmosphere. there is more cheering for away games then home games.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.