News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zoupa on June 02, 2011, 05:26:12 PM
It's asking a lot. I think every game would sell out in Canada in any case even with 50% of the arena being season tickets.

They are being praised for the number of different financing options they are providing to pay for the tickets overtime.

And no, walk up business is only good for certain teams.  You need to have a large number of season ticket holders to create the sense of scarcity so that going to the game becomes a prestigous event.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 03, 2011, 02:18:29 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on June 02, 2011, 05:26:12 PM
It's asking a lot. I think every game would sell out in Canada in any case even with 50% of the arena being season tickets.

They are being praised for the number of different financing options they are providing to pay for the tickets overtime.

And no, walk up business is only good for certain teams.  You need to have a large number of season ticket holders to create the sense of scarcity so that going to the game becomes a prestigous event.

It's all about mindset.  If you know you can get tickets at the door, you probably won't buy tickets in advance.  And when it turns out that it's a Tuesday game against, say, Nashville, and your team is in a 10 game losing streak, you say "fuck it" and don't go.

But if you know tickets are hard to come by, you bought your tickets well in advance, and you're still going to go to the game.

Apparently there will be 1000 or less tickets reserved for individual sale.

I'm planning on flying home to see a game next year.  I'm definitely going to have to hit up stubhub.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 03, 2011, 02:36:13 PM
there will be 1000 or less tickets reserved for individual sale.

I'm planning on flying home to see a game next year.  I'm definitely going to have to hit up stubhub.

Damn with so few tickets the flight may be the cheap part.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 03, 2011, 02:45:30 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 03, 2011, 02:36:13 PM
there will be 1000 or less tickets reserved for individual sale.

Damn with so few tickets the flight may be the cheap part.

I don't think it'll be too bad.

First I do have friends in the 'Peg - I'll have to see if any have seasons tickets.  But even if not, people are buying seasons tickets because they want to be able to go to games, but not necessarily all 41 games.  I'm pretty confident people will be selling some.

Plus, I think my cousin has at least an outside shot at being the play by play man for the new team.  He's been doing baseball play by play in Winnipeg for years and has a history and background in hockey... :shifty:

Barrister

7,158 season tickets sold as of 4:30 CDT.  They're half way to their goal of 13,000...

...and tickets don't go on sale to the general public until noon on Saturday.   :ph34r:

Ed Anger

I envy Saddam. He isn't exposed to the Jets.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Awwww, the Vancouver green men are afraid to go to Boston.  :lol:

Neil

Good.  I'd shiv those bastards if I saw them in Edmonton.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on June 03, 2011, 05:02:56 PM

Please don't.  I'd hate to have to prosecute you. :(

Ed Anger

Buy him off with jets tickets!

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on June 03, 2011, 05:03:30 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 03, 2011, 05:02:56 PM
Please don't.  I'd hate to have to prosecute you. :(
I was provoked.  They were coming right for me.  I thought they were a bear, or an owl or something.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 03, 2011, 05:11:06 PM
Buy him off with jets tickets!
No, I'd want to get in front of a jury.  I'm pretty sure an Edmonton jury would let me walk if I was killing a Canucks fan.

The amount of Bruins flags and signs I've seen on cars around town is a little shocking.

viper37

BB, how would you rate the competitiveness of the Winnipeg Jets for next year?

The timing seems to be awfully short to recruit free agents and sign new recruits, they will probably have to live with the choices of the Thrashers, wich I hear, was dubious, at best...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.