News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

QuoteThat's a fucking terrible name.

QuoteManitoba Polar Bears?  That's the worst thing I've ever heard.

QuoteHoly fucking shit.  That is the worst name since the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

I think it's a fine name.  It's nice to be able to honor a future extinct species due to the Chinese and Republican energy policies.

CountDeMoney

The Boston goalie is having a lights-out 3rd, but his mates aren't doing him any favors.

CountDeMoney

And I totally jinxed the poor bastard.

PRC

Thomas was amazing.  That was anybody's game, glad the Canucks got the win but damn that was too close for comfort.

Zoupa

I think what's really relevant here is the superiority of Quebec coaches. :frog:

Valdemar

Anyone care to give a little more detail? I understand our single dane did well?

V

viper37

Quote from: Valdemar on June 02, 2011, 07:35:30 AM
Anyone care to give a little more detail? I understand our single dane did well?

V
The game was intensive, 69 shots on goal (about even for each side) but it was 0-0 until the last 19 secondes of the 3rd period when Raffi Torres (Vancouver) shot, and scored.  There's been a lot of penalties, wich is unusual for a playoff game.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2010030411&navid=DL|NHL|home
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PRC

V

Jannik Hansen played a great game.  His third line was the difference maker in the game, and he assisted Raffi Torres on the winning goal.  Hansen also came up big with a couple big hits, one on Ferrence of the Bruins that rocked him pretty hard.  Hansen is one of the fastest players on both teams and the Bruins couldn't handle his speed and drive.  He was one of the better players for both teams and he has played well for the Canucks all playoffs long.

crazy canuck

V

He has had a very good playoff run.  He doesnt have a lot of stats to show for his great play (although last night's assist was obviously huge) but his speed really breaks down the opposition which does two very important things:

1) It tires the other team down a lot as they try to keep up with him.  Often times the opposing defencemen have to come off immediately after facing him - which is a really big deal when playing a team without a deep defence.

2) He opens up a lot of ice for his team mates which leads directly very good scoring chances.  Last night is a good example.  His line had a chance to score a few goals - The Bruins goalie just made some amazing saves - until the game winner.

And team speed is really what is going to win this series for the Canucks.  Coach V made a great decision going for speed in last night's lineup.  The Bruins just can't keep up.  The only thing that stopped last night from being a blow out was the Bruin's goalie.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PRC on June 02, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

V

Jannik Hansen played a great game.  His third line was the difference maker in the game, and he assisted Raffi Torres on the winning goal.  Hansen also came up big with a couple big hits, one on Ferrence of the Bruins that rocked him pretty hard.  Hansen is one of the fastest players on both teams and the Bruins couldn't handle his speed and drive.  He was one of the better players for both teams and he has played well for the Canucks all playoffs long.

Yeah, he had an all-around great game.  And he was the one Canuck that didn't have to bite anybody.

Barrister

Wait - CdM watched a hockey game? :huh:

Good on the 'Nucks for winning, but the part I was most interested in was Mark Chipman on Coach's Corner. :)

In one of the few definitive things he has said since Tuesday was that no, they would not bring the picture of the Queen from the old winnipeg Arena back. :(  Grapes seemed upset, but McLean cut him off.  Grapes also pressed him on the "Jets" name.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on June 02, 2011, 11:48:20 AM
Wait - CdM watched a hockey game? :huh:

It's not a hockey game, it's the Stanley Cup Finals.  Even I'm not that philistine.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on June 02, 2011, 11:48:20 AM
In one of the few definitive things he has said since Tuesday was that no, they would not bring the picture of the Queen from the old winnipeg Arena back. :(  Grapes seemed upset, but McLean cut him off.  Grapes also pressed him on the "Jets" name.
Canadians and their Monarchs... such a great mistery to me...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.