News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Nobody cares about the final.  The excitig part of the season ended when Tampa was eliminated, and even the Western Conference finals were blah.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Boston - Vancouver tonight.

I'm thinking Vancouver, either 6 or 7.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on June 01, 2011, 01:47:34 PM

People around here are talking sweep or at most 5.  Lots of confidence.  Lots of pressure.

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on June 01, 2011, 01:47:34 PM

Lets hope not.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Hating Vancouver isnt going to make living in the armpit of Alberta any more bearable.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2011, 01:18:06 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2011, 01:15:11 PM
Have you heard anything about what vancouver is going to do?  I understand the Moose will be Manitoba's new farm team, perhaps playing out of St. John's.

We are too busy worrying about winning the Cup to think about such things.  Like all other sane hockey fans we understand what should be discussed in the off season and what should be discussed 6 hours before the puck is dropped in game 1 of the final.

All the hockey fans I know that aren't Canucks or Bruins fans are already in off-season mode, and talking about who to draft, what free agents to sign, what the schedule would be, and 'oh yeah, I guess the final is on' as an afterthought.   :huh:

I'm trying to pull for Vancouver, but you sure are making it hard... :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2011, 02:04:03 PM
All the hockey fans I know

Since the CBC ratings are going up (over 10 million watched game 5 of the Western Final) I can only assume the hockey fans you know are Jet fanbois like yourself and so cannot be reasoned with.

Besides you are also in Edmonton.  Two strikes.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2011, 01:58:31 PM
Hating Vancouver isnt going to make living in the armpit of Alberta any more bearable.
Quit being so poor.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2011, 02:07:25 PM
All the hockey fans I know

Since the CBC ratings are going up (over 10 million watched game 5 of the Western Final) I can only assume the hockey fans you know are Jet fanbois like yourself and so cannot be reasoned with.

Besides you are also in Edmonton.  Two strikes.

Oh, between a Canadian team and an original Six team I am sure CBC will do very well in the ratings.  Hell I'll probably even watch bits and pieces of the series.

It doesn't mean that hockey fans outside of the lower mainland are focused on the series to the exclusion of nothing else.  In Edmonton they're more focused on who they should draft for #1.  Calgary fans are wondering what off-season moves to make.  and well in Winnipeg... :D

Valmy

All the hockey fans I know that aren't Canucks or Bruins fans are already in off-season mode, and talking about who to draft, what free agents to sign, what the schedule would be, and 'oh yeah, I guess the final is on' as an afterthought.   :huh:

Really?  I always figured the Stanley Cup finals was the Canadian Super Bowl.  Everybody watches even if you do not really care who wins.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2011, 02:23:21 PM
All the hockey fans I know that aren't Canucks or Bruins fans are already in off-season mode, and talking about who to draft, what free agents to sign, what the schedule would be, and 'oh yeah, I guess the final is on' as an afterthought.   :huh:

Really?  I always figured the Stanley Cup finals was the Canadian Super Bowl.  Everybody watches even if you do not really care who wins.

Not quite.

As CC points out, they do get very good ratings.  But it's spread out over 4-7 nights (or afternoons :bleeding:), so it's not that one single event that everyone watches.  It also depends who is in it - two American, non original six teams will get terrible ratings.

The single biggest tv event in Canada is actually the Grey Cup.

crazy canuck

Woot, something BB and I agree on.

Barrister

HVC

How many minor teams has St. Johns had?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

It's starting...  Vancouver is on fire!
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.