News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 09:33:54 AM
A very good, but not 100% infallible, source said they will be the Manitoba Polar Bears.

That's a fucking terrible name.

Neil

Manitoba Polar Bears?  That's the worst thing I've ever heard.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2011, 09:33:54 AM
A very good, but not 100% infallible, source said they will be the Manitoba Polar Bears.

Holy fucking shit.  That is the worst name since the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Where is your announce....oh damn, well Grats on team back in the Peg, but I hope you are wrong on the name as that Is pretty awful.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 31, 2011, 11:58:19 AM
Where is your announce....oh damn, well Grats on team back in the Peg, but I hope you are wrong on the name as that Is pretty awful.

I don't think it's that awful, and is significantly less awful than Thrashers or Wild (or Mighty Ducks), but no, it's not the name I want.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

with the excpetion of the ducks the other two examples at least roll off the tongue well. Manitoba Polar Bears has too many hard stops. My jestly proposed 'squitos even sound better.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

PRC

I'd be fine with the Manitoba Threshers.

viper37

Manitoba Jets, or Winnipeg Jets.  The old logo seems fine to me, but it could change, be refreshed to more modern tones.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

Disney presents 'THE MOUNTIES'.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

The Mighty Mounties of Manitoba?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Employers across the city are letting employees go home early to catch the 5 o'clock start.  Damn East Coast pussies cant stay up late enough for a normal start time.

Barrister

Interesting little story about Thrashers GM Rick Dudley.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/06/01/dudley-believes-he-has-future-with-winnipeg/

This is probably the next piece of the story to develop - before even the name.  At the press conference Mark Chipman spoke highly of Rick Dudley, said he knew him for over 10 years from his time in the IHL and AHL.  And some knd of continuity in the organization is vital, especially with the draft just a few weeks away.

But Chipman spoke even more highly of current Moose GM Craig Heisenger, and said Heisenger's role in the new organization would be "vital".  So could Heisenger be some form of "VP Hockey Development", with GM Dudley reporting to him?  Perhaps.

And I knew that Dudley, way back when, played for the Jets.  What I didn't know until yesterday is that during that 30 game stint he wore #99. :lol:

I so want a Manitoba jersey with #99 Dudley on the back.   :cool:

crazy canuck

Dont you have your own thread to talk about this now?

This is thread is for interesting teams who have a chance to win the Cup.  You know the game that is going to be played tonight.

BuddhaRhubarb

nervous excitement across the city today. I understand but do not like the 2-3-1-1 format for the final... it's not as much of a home ice advantage for the team who deserves it (better record) It's really only a home ice advantage if it goes 7 games.... But I understand it's hella travel time etc. Though that said it's a bunch of millionaires who do understand "manning up" to play games with not much rest etc. and they've both had either a week or almost a week to rest for the series.

still though I predict the Canucks in 5 or 6 hard edged games
:p

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2011, 12:06:54 PM
Dont you have your own thread to talk about this now?

This is thread is for interesting teams who have a chance to win the Cup.  You know the game that is going to be played tonight.

That thread is my gloating thread.   :cool:

This thread is for discussing anything NHL related.  So I brought up who Manitoba's next GM might be.  Manitoba has an NHL team now, so that's fair game. :P

And when are you going to acknowledge how horribly wrong you were about this?  :nelson: