And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2011, 03:24:13 PM
Why would it stop? :huh:

It's just that I'll actually be a normal fan, worried about goals and trades, rather than watching bond market reports and Glendale City Council meetings.

When you're actually talking about the game of hockey rather than the business of hockey, your posts in this thread might be worth reading again.

Neil

It's the end of the playoffs.  It's pretty much all business from now on.  The interesting games in the season are done with.

The period between about game 65-70 of the regular season and the third round of the playoffs is one of the best times in all of pro sports, with only the run up to the NFL playoffs through the Superbowl being any kind of competition.  So many situations.  Anything can happen.  Everyone playing their hearts out.  Next to that, the Finals themselves are an anticlimax.  Especially when it's two blah teams in there, like Detroit-Pittsburgh or Vancouver-Boston.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

I have to agree with Neil.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Unless, of course, it's your team in the finals :)

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on May 30, 2011, 07:40:04 PM
I would have preferred the Lightning against Vancouver.  Now, it's a no-brainer I have to support to Vancouver.  Everyone around me will support the 'Nucks.  No one to tease :(

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on May 30, 2011, 07:40:04 PM
Perhaps.  At any rate, it's the terrible, hateful bandwagon Canucks vs. the Bruins, whose only claim to loathsomeness is some goonery and Tim.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on May 30, 2011, 06:36:58 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2011, 03:24:13 PM
Why would it stop? :huh:

It's just that I'll actually be a normal fan, worried about goals and trades, rather than watching bond market reports and Glendale City Council meetings.

When you're actually talking about the game of hockey rather than the business of hockey, your posts in this thread might be worth reading again.

You wound me sir. :rolleyes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Don't let these spoilsports rain on your parade, BB. They just hatin'.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2011, 10:19:46 PM
Don't let these spoilsports rain on your parade, BB. They just hatin'.

:hug:

And that's it - the bandwagon is officially closed.  It's happening tomorrow morning.   :cool:

viper37

Barrister

viper37

Ah, it ain't done yet.  There's still time to move the team to Seattle ;)

Barrister

A very good, but not 100% infallible, source said they will be the Manitoba Polar Bears.

Jacob

Alright, today I will be interested in what happens with the Thrashers.

I hope they go to Winnipeg. It would be the right thing. The only other places that would be acceptable are Quebec and maybe Hartford.

In any case, here's hoping your 99.9% certainty delivers beeb :cheers:

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on May 31, 2011, 09:51:04 AM
Alright, today I will be interested in what happens with the Thrashers.

I hope they go to Winnipeg. It would be the right thing. The only other places that would be acceptable are Quebec and maybe Hartford.

In any case, here's hoping your 99.9% certainty delivers beeb :cheers:

Why do you doubt me Jacob?   :wacko:

Here's a picture of the press conference set-up.

Here's the announcement on friggin NHL.com

QuoteWinnipeg group calls Tuesday press conferenceTuesday, 05.31.2011 / 8:24 AM / News NHL.com 518
Share True North Sports and Entertainment, the ownership group reported to be in negotiations to purchase the Atlanta Thrashers and relocate the team to Winnipeg for the 2011-12 NHL season, has called a Tuesday press conference to make a "significant community announcement."

The media event will take place at noon ET at the MTS Centre arena in Winnipeg. NHL.com and NHL Network will carry the press conference live.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=564225

This is happening.  In one hour.  There can be no doubt.

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: