News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 26, 2011, 10:32:35 AM
It is okay to be a fan , but not Bill in Sinton.

Or this guy:

Ok I see your point.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on May 26, 2011, 10:28:48 AM
The canucks will forever be tainted to me becasue of Bertuzzi. I know every time has a dirty player (though to different degrees) but it was the fans justifications that soured me to the team.

:huh: After all these years, I still don't understand why the outrage on what Bertz did. It was never that bad.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 26, 2011, 10:34:03 AM
The canucks will forever be tainted to me becasue of Bertuzzi. I know every time has a dirty player (though to different degrees) but it was the fans justifications that soured me to the team.

:huh: After all these years, I still don't understand why the outrage on what Bertz did. It was never that bad.
it's not so much what he did (which was bad too) but the justification. "he wouldn't fight so Bertuzzi had to smash his face into the ground and make him fght" (paraphrasing lol). It's like if boston players said what Chara did was warrented because the habs guy wouldn't fight and deserved a nice stationing to the noggin.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2011, 10:33:21 AM

Ok I see your point.

I fear beeb has crossed into Steeler superfan type territory, where light and reason cannot escape.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on May 26, 2011, 10:35:43 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 26, 2011, 10:34:03 AM

it's not so much what he did (which was bad too) but the justification. "he wouldn't fight so Bertuzzi had to smash his face into the ground and make him fght" (paraphrasing lol). It's like if boston players said what Chara did was warrented because the habs guy wouldn't fight and deserved a nice stationing to the noggin.

But it's justification from an NHL players. The same league that holds no respect for us & constitently refers to injuries as upper & lower body.

They spew BS, 99% of the time.

Strix

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 26, 2011, 10:37:45 AM
But it's justification from an NHL players. The same league that holds no respect for us & constitently refers to injuries as upper & lower body.

You know the reason they refer to injuries as upper and lower body is so that opposing teams can't target the exact injured part of the body, don't you?

And, yes, some of the injuries are self-evident but it's the system they use.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Grey Fox

Quote from: Strix on May 26, 2011, 12:24:02 PM

You know the reason they refer to injuries as upper and lower body is so that opposing teams can't target the exact injured part of the body, don't you?

It's a BS reason plus it doesn't actually work.

What happens in Montreal is that they tell us shit. We start making up shit that is 100 times worse & they have to come out clean with it. It's a lot of wasted time for everyone involved.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 26, 2011, 12:30:55 PM
Quote from: Strix on May 26, 2011, 12:24:02 PM

It's a BS reason plus it doesn't actually work.

What happens in Montreal is that they tell us shit. We start making up shit that is 100 times worse & they have to come out clean with it. It's a lot of wasted time for everyone involved.

Have you ever noticed that after a team is eliminated they immediately give full details of their players injuries?  I think you understand the reason they wait until then.

Grey Fox

I might.

I still don't like it.

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2011, 10:28:47 AMWell maybe not for you mediocrity obsessed Canadians.  If somebody is going to go through the trouble to be sports fan I say do it right.

Going on and on and on about something to people who aren't that interested is not "doing it right", it's being a bore.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on May 26, 2011, 03:32:02 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 26, 2011, 10:28:47 AMWell maybe not for you mediocrity obsessed Canadians.  If somebody is going to go through the trouble to be sports fan I say do it right.

Going on and on and on about something to people who aren't that interested is not "doing it right", it's being a bore.

Several people have said they appreciate my Jets updates, so :blurgh:

Still not sure when the announcement is.  Every single media report says the deal is either done, or close to being done.  Nobody is reporting there is even a chance Atlanta stays.

Latest guess?  The Finals start next Wednesday, so look for a Tuesday announcement.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

BuddhaRhubarb

Every team has retarded fans, It's not the teams fault if douchebags choose to like them. There are lots of Canucks fans who you couldn't pay me to high five, but luckily lots who like me just enjoy good hockey (punctuated by brief periods of ennui in which they play like they're stoned... I blame on the prevailing pot filled winds)... Canucks fans like Leafs fans before them expect heartbreak, and thus rally around it as easily as they do the good times... Hard to understand? people being passionate about their sports?

:p

Barrister

I was in a bookstore today buying a couple of baby books.  I saw, on the discount table, a big coffee table book full of pictures of Bobby Hull.  Curious, I opened it up and took a look.

About 200 pages of full colour, and in every single one has Hull wearing a Blackhawks jersey.  Not a single picture of him in a Jets jersey, despite the TEN YEARS he played for the team, during which time he was the most highly paid player in all of hockey with his annual salary of [cue dr. evil] one MILLION dollars![/dr. evil]

:lol: :rolleyes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

WHA doesn't count man. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 27, 2011, 03:47:37 PM
I was in a bookstore today buying a couple of baby books.  I saw, on the discount table, a big coffee table book full of pictures of Bobby Hull.  Curious, I opened it up and took a look.

About 200 pages of full colour, and in every single one has Hull wearing a Blackhawks jersey.  Not a single picture of him in a Jets jersey, despite the TEN YEARS he played for the team, during which time he was the most highly paid player in all of hockey with his annual salary of [cue dr. evil] one MILLION dollars![/dr. evil]

:lol: :rolleyes:

Good God man.  This is an NHL Hockey thread.  Not the musings of a deranged Jets fan thread.