News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on May 20, 2011, 07:45:54 AM
The only problem is that BB IS the Winnipeg sports guys. All of them.

BB drove over to Winnipeg and did a radio show acting out the parts of several different callers and sports radio personalities?  Wow that is one talented lawtalker.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I hope all the Mayflower moving trucks crash and burn right over the border. Then an Al-Q hijacked plane crashes into the Jets arena. Then Winnipeg burns.

Then Lettow haunts beeb with a tea ceremony in his front yard.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2011, 08:02:02 AM

BB drove over to Winnipeg and did a radio show acting out the parts of several different callers and sports radio personalities?  Wow that is one talented lawtalker.

He paid people to do it.

Christ, it was a joke, relax.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2011, 09:49:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 19, 2011, 09:42:51 PM
I'm just a tingling... :w00t:

I love how excited the Winnipeg sports guys are :)

See this is the kind of excitement and enthusiasm crap teams like Tampa and Atlanta do not have.

I dunno - looks like a couple hundred people at an impromptu celebration at Portage and Main last night...

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20110520/thrashers-moving-to-winnipeg-110520/

[second and third video links on the right]
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on May 20, 2011, 08:06:13 AM
He paid people to do it.

Christ, it was a joke, relax.

FUCK YOU!  WE TOLERATE NO JOKES HERE!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Winnipeg Jets = Serious business
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 20, 2011, 08:28:44 AM
Winnipeg Jets = Serious business

:yes:

Serious as a Poutine-induced heart attack.

Barrister

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2011, 05:34:21 AM
Quote from: katmai on May 20, 2011, 01:43:12 AM
If Barrister would stop talking about himself in 3rd person and have a credible report I would congratulate him on NHL coming back to the Prairies.

:lol:

But katmai, this entire development can affect the lives of DOZENS of hockey fans across the continent!
I don't think this entire development will affect the lives of only the Thrasher fans.  Likely, the Winnipeg fans will be affected too. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Not a single story has come out today suggestions the G&M story is substantially wrong.  The most they can say is "well there are still some minor details to work out".

:cool:

<--------- right all along.

Strix

I just want to know one thing BB!

Will Winnipeg Ta Ta's be as small as Vancouver Ta Ta's?

http://mit.zenfs.com/206/2011/05/301512595.jpg
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on May 20, 2011, 02:19:18 PM
Not a single story has come out today suggestions the G&M story is substantially wrong.  The most they can say is "well there are still some minor details to work out".

Delusional, yes
Right, not so much.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 20, 2011, 03:09:59 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 20, 2011, 02:19:18 PM

Delusional, yes
Right, not so much.

You should not Barrister when it comes to hockey.

katmai

Dude tons of stories have come out saying the G&M report are wrong, which makes your delusions even sadder.

Seek mental help now!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 20, 2011, 03:15:08 PM
Dude tons of stories have come out saying the G&M report are wrong, which makes your delusions even sadder.

Seek mental help now!

:yeahright:

QuoteThrashers moving to Winnipeg 4
BY TOM BRODBECK    ,WINNIPEG SUN
FIRST POSTED: FRIDAY, MAY 20, 2011 4:41:40 CDT PM
News of Thrashers move leads to 'Peg party

Winnipeggers, crack out the champagne glasses and pour yourself some bubbly. It is now a done deal.

The National Hockey league will be coming back to Winnipeg, a well-placed, independent source has confirmed to the Winnipeg Sun.

Speculation continued to mount this week that an official announcement could come as early as Tuesday that the Atlanta Thrashers would be sold to Winnipeg-based True North Sports and Entertainment.

While the exact announcement date remains unclear, it has been confirmed to the Sun that an agreement in principle has been reached between the Atlanta franchise and True North to sell the team and bring it to Winnipeg.

There are still no confirmed details on how much True North will pay for the team, nor is there any confirmation about what name the team will adopt when it begins the 2011-12 season in Winnipeg.

However, sources say the only thing left to seal the deal is the paperwork required by lawyers and the rubber-stamp approval from the league's board of governors.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/05/20/thrashers-coming-to-winnipeg