News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

ESPN is saying false alarm no done deal yet.

Meanwhile the Bruins are beating the Lightning!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2011, 09:36:03 PM
ESPN is saying false alarm no done deal yet.

Meanwhile the Bruins are beating the Lightning!

Having followed this story for years, and on a DAILY FUCKING BASIS since April 2010, I can tell you that Brunt has been extremely reliable.

I believe that the Powers That Be(tm) are saying it is false because there are still 't's to cross and 'i's to dots.

Holy crap - listening to Winnipeg Sports Radio right now they're going into a whole special broadcast RIGHT NOW.

http://www.sportsradio1290.com/

(and heh - they just finished with the Goldeyes baseball game - with my cousin doing play by play)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

I'm just a tingling... :w00t:

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 19, 2011, 09:40:15 PM
Having followed this story for years, and on a DAILY FUCKING BASIS since April 2010, I can tell you that Brunt has been extremely reliable.

I believe that the Powers That Be(tm) are saying it is false because there are still 't's to cross and 'i's to dots.

I just felt good to be able to post new news for once :P

I am sure if not today then very soon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

sbr

Now we just need Timmay to make a 'Congrats BB!' post to taint everything.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 19, 2011, 09:42:51 PM

I love how excited the Winnipeg sports guys are :)

See this is the kind of excitement and enthusiasm crap teams like Tampa and Atlanta do not have.

Valmy

Anyway I only got to watch the ending of the Tampa-Boston game but it looks like the Tampa attack might finally be cooling off...

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2011, 09:49:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 19, 2011, 09:42:51 PM

I love how excited the Winnipeg sports guys are :)

See this is the kind of excitement and enthusiasm crap teams like Tampa and Atlanta do not have.

You've always been supportive Valmy. :hug:

Unlike some other people... I have not forgotten your lack of faith, crazy canuck, katmai, PRC, HVC and Ed Anger.  :menace:

Barrister

That being said... I'm holding back on my mega celebratory thread until it is official.  Officially official.  Other news outlets are all reporting the deal is not done "yet", contrary to what Brunt is saying.

On the other hand Brunt stands by his story.

Barrister

Lulz - Jets fans are gathering at Portage and Main.

It's 10:40pm on a Thursday night, and POrtage and Main is the centre of town, but is surrounded by bank towers, but over 100 people are out there celebrating.

http://www.chrisd.ca/blog/39812/live-jets-fans-gather-amid-reports-of-nhl-return/

Barrister

I'm probably going to hit 25 posts in a row by me, but what the hell:

NHL.com is reporting it, though just repeating what the G&M said, and calling it "unsubstantiated".

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=563305&navid=mod-rr-headlines

Barrister

By the way... the Globe and Mail (the guys who broke the story) is owned by Woodbridge, which is the investment company of the Thomson family.

Why is that important?

David Thomson is also the majority investor in True North Sports and Entertainment - the new owners of the Thrashers.

Barrister

Nick Kypreos from Sportsnet tweeting that he is confirming Brunt's story.

http://twitter.com/#!/realkyper

And it's absolutely fucking hilarious listening to Winnipeg Radio, or watching the live cam from Portage and Main. :punk:

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 19, 2011, 11:02:04 PM
And it's absolutely fucking hilarious listening to Winnipeg Radio, or watching the live cam from Portage and Main. :punk:

:hug: Congrats pal!

May they bring you more joy than the Caps give to me every Spring <_<

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2011, 11:09:04 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 19, 2011, 11:02:04 PM

:hug: Congrats pal!

May they bring you more joy than the Caps give to me every Spring <_<

I'm still holding back a bit for the official announcement...

but I'm a Jets fan.  I'm used to disappointment in the spring.  I'm just looking forward to being disappointed in April...