News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 16, 2011, 12:07:20 PM
BB isn't an hockey fan. He's a Jets fan.

I'm a Jets fan, and then a hockey fan.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:14:14 PM

Where does Calgary fit in that?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Oh sure Beeb. Being in van has nothing to do with it :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:13:49 PM
Neil hates the Nucks because they're a bunch of heartles, talentless hacks - not because they're on the West Coast.
And their fans are ignorant, bandwagon trash, which also has nothing to do with the West Coast.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 16, 2011, 12:15:07 PM

Where does Calgary fit in that?

Hey man - when you're starving, when you're desparate, you can't judge what men will do in order to survive.  I'm not proud of what I did, but what's done is done.

Valmy

But I don't hate teams based solely on geography or latitude, though.  That's what makes no sense to me.  :wacko:

Neil hates the Nucks because they're a bunch of heartles, talentless hacks - not because they're on the West Coast.

It is not the location of those teams.  It is why they exist and who their fans are.  They are beyond bushleague.

Fuck them.  The very sight of shit like the Tampa Bay Lightening makes me want to wretch.  Which is why losing them pissed me off so much.

Now if one of them stops being a bushleague joke maybe I will not hate them.  A few of the California teams have graduated from that status.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 16, 2011, 12:08:49 PM
Back on topic. 

You seem quite confused about the dominant topic of conversation here.   :hmm:

To in fact get it back on topic:

QuoteAtlanta Spirit, True North in negotiations about Thrashers sale, relocation
By Chris Vivlamore

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The Atlanta Spirit has begun negotiations with True North Sports and Entertainment on the sale of the Thrashers, which would result in relocation to Winnipeg, according to a person familiar with the NHL's sale process.

A deal has not been completed and it is also not known how long the two sides have been negotiating. However, the fact that talks are on-going negotiations could mean the Thrashers would relocate to Manitoba perhaps as soon as next season.

NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly, reach via e-mail, said there was "nothing I'm prepared to say at this point." A True North Sports and Entertainment spokesperson had no comment.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-thrashers/atlanta-spirit-true-north-947628.html

It's a small, but important point.  I've assumed that TNSE and ASG are talking, as having a number of other news stories.  But no one has reported it as a fact until now.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2011, 12:20:47 PM
But I don't hate teams based solely on geography or latitude, though.  That's what makes no sense to me.  :wacko:

It is not the location of those teams.  It is why they exist and who their fans are.  They are beyond bushleague.

Fuck them.  The very sight of shit like the Tampa Bay Lightening makes me want to wretch.  Which is why losing them pissed me off so much.

Now if one of them stops being a bushleague joke maybe I will not hate them.  A few of the California teams have graduated from that status.

Southern fans seem fine - they're certainly classier than Montreal fans. :lol:

There just aren't enough of them.

And I was under the impression that the 'Canes were one of the more successful southern franchises.  They're no Phoenix or Atlanta, to be sure.

Tampa, on the other hand, I gather continues to be a disaster off the ice.

crazy canuck

No Shit

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:23:01 PM

That is because most of them are transplants with little real loyalty to the city and team.  Southern fans are just as passionate and um...'classy' as Montreal fans about sports they actually give a shit about.

Well maybe not in Atlanta but they have a reputation for being laid back fans.

The southern teams bring all the excitement of a developement league NBA team.  There is zero interest in Texas for the Stars though at least the D-league NBA teams get a little press.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 16, 2011, 12:26:21 PM

No Shit

:cool:

As a sport, I much prefer football.  I can sit down and watch a footbal game between almost any random teams and be into it, while the same is not true for hockey.

But there's something about your hometown hockey team.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:23:01 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2011, 12:20:47 PM

And I was under the impression that the 'Canes were one of the more successful southern franchises.  They're no Phoenix or Atlanta, to be sure.

Tampa, on the other hand, I gather continues to be a disaster off the ice.

We're classless? We're fucking Royalty.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:21:17 PM
Back on topic. 

only cause you won't shut the fuck up.
Most of us care about the conference finals more. Jesus Beeb.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 16, 2011, 12:30:08 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 12:21:17 PM
Back on topic. 

only cause you won't shut the fuck up.
Most of us care about the conference finals more. Jesus Beeb.

Then how come I have to keep bumping this thread back onto the front page?   :huh:

I don't see you talking about the Sharks much...