News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 14, 2011, 09:52:37 AM
The NHL needs to contract by about 6 teams.  The Southeast division would be a good start.

Yep.  :yes:

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 14, 2011, 09:52:37 AM
The NHL needs to contract by about 6 teams.  The Southeast division would be a good start.

The PA ain't going let that happen.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: PRC on May 14, 2011, 02:09:55 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 13, 2011, 09:06:14 PM
Come on.  Players sign in all kinds of cities that aren't that great.  Buffalo, Vancouver, Minnesota, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Detroit all have players sign there, although Detroit at least wins.

They sign in Vancouver, Toronto and Detroit.

Vancouver because they win and it's a nice city.  Toronto because it's close to home.  Detroit because they win.

The don't sign in Edmonton unless it's for the money (Khabibulin).  They don't sign in Calgary unless it's their last chance (Tanguay). 

Buffalo's classic jersey with the crossed sabres is kinda cool and that's why someone might sign there.

Yeah I would never sign with some ugly jersey team like Carolina. uggh.
:p

Barrister

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on May 14, 2011, 01:22:40 PM
Quote from: PRC on May 14, 2011, 02:09:55 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 13, 2011, 09:06:14 PM
Come on.  Players sign in all kinds of cities that aren't that great.  Buffalo, Vancouver, Minnesota, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Detroit all have players sign there, although Detroit at least wins.

They sign in Vancouver, Toronto and Detroit.

Vancouver because they win and it's a nice city.  Toronto because it's close to home.  Detroit because they win.

The don't sign in Edmonton unless it's for the money (Khabibulin).  They don't sign in Calgary unless it's their last chance (Tanguay). 

Buffalo's classic jersey with the crossed sabres is kinda cool and that's why someone might sign there.

Yeah I would never sign with some ugly jersey team like Carolina. uggh.

Whats wrong with the 'Canes unis? :huh:

They look pretty distinctive.  I don't mind them a bit.  Indeed I have no problem with the franchise at all - other than the fact that they never should have been moved from Hartford (WHA solidarity forevah!)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on May 13, 2011, 05:33:00 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2011, 08:15:31 PM
Holy fuck:

http://watch.tsn.ca/#clip466119

Darren Dreger: Atlanta WILL move to Winnipeg for next season.

No equivocation or wriggle words.  All from a paid mouthpiece of the NHL.

That's not what he said  :huh: He said there's a chance that Atlanta will move to Winnipeg for next season.

Okay, I'll concede.  I've watched again.  Dreger said there's a real chance, went on for a bit, that Atlanta will move.  There was a funny emphasis placed, but no, he didn't state anything definitively.

But on the other hand, check out this interview with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Chris Vivlamore:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/05/13/thrashers_future/?source=video

For an Atlanta guy, he didn't have a single positive thing to say about the Thrashers staying.  He puts the chance of them moving to Winnipeg at 95%.

Barrister

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 14, 2011, 01:38:18 PM
Indeed I have no problem with the franchise at all

What?  That is an outrageously vile thing to say.  I hope the Thrashers stay in Altanta forever.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2011, 11:49:26 AM

What?  That is an outrageously vile thing to say.  I hope the Thrashers stay in Altanta forever.

Do you really want to wish such a thing? DO you really want to see the Thrashers win a cup before the Caps?

katmai

If they stay in Atl little chance of that happening.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2011, 11:49:26 AM

You're the one with the self-loathing hatred of southern hockey teams.  Don't project that onto me.

I don't care if the NHL puts a team in Mexico City - as long as I get my Jets back.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 11:59:16 AM
You're the one with the self-loathing hatred of southern hockey teams.  Don't project that onto me.

I don't care if the NHL puts a team in Mexico City - as long as I get my Jets back.

Self-loathing?  Do I play for the Coyotes now? :huh:

Nobody gets all weirded out when I hate on teams in Football.  There are teams I do not like in the NHL and I want to see lose and I enjoy trash talking to whomever professes to not dislike them.  Is the NHL too polite for that or something?  I thought we were all like hardcore and knocked teeth out and shit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

BB isn't an hockey fan. He's a Jets fan.

crazy canuck

Back on topic. 

Lou sucked but the Canucks still won.  It feels wierd having the Canucks playing against a good part of the Canadian Olympic team in the first and third rounds.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 16, 2011, 12:08:49 PM
Back on topic. 

Lou sucked but the Canucks still won.  It feels wierd having the Canucks playing against a good part of the Canadian Olympic team in the first and third rounds.

Shea Weber gets no credit.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2011, 12:05:59 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 16, 2011, 11:59:16 AM

Self-loathing?  Do I play for the Coyotes now? :huh:

Nobody gets all weirded out when I hate on teams in Football.  There are teams I do not like in the NHL and I want to see lose and I enjoy trash talking to whomever professes to not dislike them.  Is the NHL too polite for that or something?  I thought we were all like hardcore and knocked teeth out and shit.

There are individual teams I despise.  You have no idea how difficult it is for me to live in Oilers country, for example. <_<

But I don't hate teams based solely on geography or latitude, though.  That's what makes no sense to me.  :wacko:

Neil hates the Nucks because they're a bunch of heartles, talentless hacks - not because they're on the West Coast.