News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: Neil on April 27, 2011, 09:58:28 PM
Well, honour can be restored to the playoffs by having Vancouver and Detroit be eliminated as quickly as possible.  It'd be nice if Boston lost too, as their goonish behavior has turned me off of them.  Still, I'm going to enjoy Washington and Tampa.  It's a series I can watch without hating anyone.

I quite like Tim Thomas, but the rest of the Bruins are a disgrace. Lucic's hit yesterday, Boychuk's boarding today, Ference giving the finger, then aiming at Halpern's head with the puck 20 meters away...

Imagine a Habs lineup with Markov, Gorges and Desharnais? Not to mention a certain Max Pacioretty, who had 4 goals and 2 assists in 3 games against Boston this year... Good going Chara.

Anyhoo. The boston goons will "play" the philly goons. Richards' asshattery against the Campbell bruins. I predict a few concussions and lots of broken teeth. Yay hockey!

Ed Anger

LUCIC! LUCIC!

Told you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 27, 2011, 10:32:32 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 27, 2011, 07:24:10 AM
LOL, Sabres.
:cry:  I was out at a bar right near HSBC Arena rocking my Andrew Peters jersey.  It was a sad, but typical, Buffalo sports night.

:console:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

That's the best thing about being a Leaf fan; the hockey season has been over a long time ago.
Enjoyed watching our soccer team kick Edmonton ass last night. :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on April 28, 2011, 07:13:45 AM
That's the best thing about being a Leaf fan; the hockey season has been over a long time ago.
Enjoyed watching our soccer team kick Edmonton ass last night. :D
You watched a North American soccer game?  That's pretty bad to begin with, but with hockey on?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

I stop watching hockey once it becomes clear teh Leafs are not going to make the playoffs....normally somewhere just before Thanksgiving.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

QuoteNHL sends Glendale $25 million bill for Coyotes' losses
34 commentsby Rebekah L. Sanders - Apr. 28, 2011 12:00 AM
The Arizona Republic

Glendale has until Monday to pay $25 million to the National Hockey League to cover this season's Phoenix Coyotes losses, according to a bill sent to the city Tuesday.

The documents, sent a week after the team finished its season in the playoffs, show that actual losses for eight months ending in March totaled $36.6 million.

Glendale promised the NHL last year that it would set aside $25 million from a utilities-repair account to pay team losses in exchange for more time to land a team owner. For months, the money sat untouched.

Glendale officials promised taxpayers at the time that the city would not have to pay the money if it found a buyer. Later, officials said the buyer would cover the expense.

But so far, Glendale's deal with team buyer Matthew Hulsizer remains incomplete as the city seeks financing.

Glendale spokeswoman Julie Frisoni said the city would audit the figures. She said negotiations continue and the city hopes to close a deal soon.

- Rebekah L. Sanders

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2011/04/28/20110428nhl-phoenix-coyotes-bill-for-glendale.html#ixzz1KpNKKBOR

It does seem like this is going to end one way or another shortly...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

My picks for the 2nd round:

Washington in 6
Philadelphia in 7
San Jose in 7
Vancouver in 6.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

I was reminded that on today's date in 1996 the last Winnipeg Jets game was played. :cry:

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 28, 2011, 09:21:17 AM

on related news, I heard the Thrashers are just waiting to move to Winnipeg.
Text from the Winnipeg Free Press

In other news, a former Quebec city general manager is threatening to sue the city over the arena deal.  Quebec's government is also investigating the deal to decide if it's legal or not.

I think Kansas city will get it's team soon :(

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on April 28, 2011, 02:05:37 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 28, 2011, 09:21:17 AM

on related news, I heard the Thrashers are just waiting to move to Winnipeg.
Text from the Winnipeg Free Press

In other news, a former Quebec city general manager is threatening to sue the city over the arena deal.  Quebec's government is also investigating the deal to decide if it's legal or not.

I think Kansas city will get it's team soon :(

I posted that story two pages ago.  ;)

Kansas City isn't getting a team any time soon.  There is no ownership group in place.  There is no one willing to write a nine figure cheque to move a team there.

Valmy

Regardless of what team moves to Winnipeg I sure hope they are called the Winnipeg Jets.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on April 28, 2011, 01:24:53 PM
Washington in 6

Make it to the conference finals?  :mmm:

Erm stop that I do better watching the Caps when I am gloomy and fatalistic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2011, 02:42:32 PM
Regardless of what team moves to Winnipeg I sure hope they are called the Winnipeg Jets.

I'm okay with Manitoba Jets. :Canuck:

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 28, 2011, 02:08:40 PM

I posted that story two pages ago.  ;)
Sorry, I heard it on radio this morning and thought it was new :)