News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

So in 10 years when the Peg fails again will you shut up about it?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

I'd shit my pants if the Coyotes move...to Hartford.

Just for the shits and giggles.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Now the Whale, there is a town deserving a team again.

C.C.R.

The Brawl In The Mall was a fun visit...

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on April 27, 2011, 05:50:25 PM
Now the Whale, there is a town deserving a team again.

:yes:

They're third in line - right behind Winnipeg and Quebec City.

Hartford however is still lacking an arena.  That's why Winnipeg keeps being mentioned - we have a modern, NHL-ready arena.  Quebec is going to build one, but hasn't broken ground yet.  Hartford... they're still talking.

And yes - I think all of winnipeg understands if we lost the Jets a second time, that would be it for a generation or two at a minimum.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2011, 05:47:17 PM
Quote from: Josephus on April 27, 2011, 05:36:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2011, 02:56:31 PM
Seedy will love this one:

From Dave Shoalts, a Globe and Mail sports reporter:

Quotedshoalts David Shoalts
How long would it take Atlanta Thrashers to replace Coyotes in going to Winnipeg? See Irsay, Robert and Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts.

:shifty:

Suddenly a lot of news reports about Atlanta again...

If that happens, then hopefully the NHL will never give them another team again. This is the second franchise that failed.

Agreed.

But there's nothing wrong with giving a hockey market a second chance.  After all it worked in Minnesota and Denver... and will work in Winnipeg.

But two failures and you're out.

Oh don't get me wrong; I too would love to see Winnipeg get a team. And I'd like to see the Nordiques back too.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Zoups and GF sure are quiet...

Neil

Well, between the Canucks and Bruins, there sure will be a lot of goonery in the 2nd round.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

I suck at predicting hockey games <_<
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

Are you Canadian Valmy?

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on April 27, 2011, 09:05:26 PM
Zoups and GF sure are quiet...

Rioting in defeat is no fun. I am drowning my sorrow in Booze.

Gawd fucking damn it. Now they'll go on & get beaten by the Flyers. Fuck the Bruins!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

:O don't even kid.

Actually I only got the rangers and this one wrong but Montreal losing annoys me because everyone inthe pool im in is going to get lots
Of points and I lose my 6 multiplier... Pools got a weird point system
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Well, honour can be restored to the playoffs by having Vancouver and Detroit be eliminated as quickly as possible.  It'd be nice if Boston lost too, as their goonish behavior has turned me off of them.  Still, I'm going to enjoy Washington and Tampa.  It's a series I can watch without hating anyone.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on April 27, 2011, 09:58:28 PM
Well, honour can be restored to the playoffs by having Vancouver and Detroit be eliminated as quickly as possible.  It'd be nice if Boston lost too, as their goonish behavior has turned me off of them.  Still, I'm going to enjoy Washington and Tampa.  It's a series I can watch without hating anyone.

Tampa delenda est.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 27, 2011, 07:24:10 AM
LOL, Sabres.
:cry:  I was out at a bar right near HSBC Arena rocking my Andrew Peters jersey.  It was a sad, but typical, Buffalo sports night.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."