And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 18, 2011, 02:03:57 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2011, 11:51:55 AM
I dunno - I turned the game on last night just to have something in the background, and wound up watching the whole thing.  It was lively.

QuoteI expect to see my team win a Stanley Cup before I die, and I don't even have a team yet.

Ok, a hockey fanatic who thinks a non existent team is going to win a championship found a game "lively".  What exactly am I to make of that?

Not non existent.  They exist - in Phoenix.  They just have to move back home first.  Which will happen any moment now.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 17, 2011, 11:52:09 PM
Is this perchance the ambassador of Portugal?
I don't get this...  But no, it wasn't.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2011, 02:07:55 PM
I dunno - I turned the game on last night just to have something in the background, and wound up watching the whole thing.  It was lively.

QuoteI expect to see my team win a Stanley Cup before I die, and I don't even have a team yet.

Ok, a hockey fanatic who thinks a non existent team is going to win a championship found a game "lively".  What exactly am I to make of that?

Not non existent.  They exist - in Phoenix.  They just have to move back home first.  Which will happen any moment now.
I hope they move to nevada :contract: :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on April 18, 2011, 02:19:33 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2011, 02:07:55 PM

I hope the move to nevada :contract: :P

Prepare to be disappointed. :menace:

Zoupa

Quote from: Valmy on April 18, 2011, 12:12:52 PM
Quote from: C.C.R. on April 18, 2011, 12:10:35 PM
I told you before:  These are not the same Blackhawks.  The entire depth chart was traded last July & replaced with used puck bags.  They shouldn't have even made the playoffs...

Why?  Are the Hawks actually losing money despite being in Chicago?

They're not losing money, they were up against the salary cap ceiling is all.

Barrister

In shocking news - I'm nto posting about the Jets.  Yet.

The league signed a ten year, two billion dollar broadcasting rights deal with Comcast/Versus, which will see the league receive $200 mil per eyar over 10 years.  NBC will show a few more games on the main network, but mostly will expand Versus (soon to become NBC Sports Channel or something similar).

I dunno - I still think they should beg and plead to get onto ESPN (and they were apparently involved in negotiations).

Ed Anger

I just can't get into hockey on Versus. Or pay for the NHL package again. I like the games, just not the couple hundred bucks worth. I'd rather spend that money and go to the Bluejackets games.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Fuck ESPN. Assholes put Poker before Hockey in the last year of their contract. They can sit there & die while the NBA & NFL are on lock-out.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 19, 2011, 05:56:08 PM
They can sit there & die while the NBA & NFL are on lock-out.

Only the NHL could keep ESPN from going under :weep:

I can only dream the NHL would return to ESPN.  That is where I watched it when I was a kid and if it had not been on ESPN I never would have become a NHL fan.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Well, the refs are certainly doing their best to enable Vancouver's goonery.  They've totally lost control of the game.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Titans aren't travelling much. Under 8k miles.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Barrister

So, anyone planning to watch the last NHL game in Phonix tonight?   :)

Ed Anger

I don't even think they are showing that on on versus. The Cap-Rangers got their attention.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 20, 2011, 10:39:34 AM
I don't even think they are showing that on on versus. The Cap-Rangers got their attention.

Sounds surprising.  Detroit is always a good draw on TV.  NBC even picked up game 2.

The on-ice action has been mediocre.  the final scores have been close, even if the overall play has not been.  But I definitely want to watch this because of the potential drama of it being "the last game".  I expect a teery good-bye from players, even if they say "well we hope to see you next season".